• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Huddle Fitterer Approval Rating

kungfoodude

Fitterer Approval  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Do you currently approve of the job Scott Fitterer is doing?

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Same.

I have a lot of positive feelings about what I've seen so far but at this point we're still judging off of a single offseason.

And yeah, the fact that he doesn't have final say on the roster makes it harder to judge.

Basically I feel like he's going to be a good GM, and I think he and Morgan will make a great combo as long as they stay together.

But...it is still early.

I agree that he a Morgan seem to make a good team. Their approach to building a roster is sound if their judgment can be trusted. 

It's just hard to separate the fact that this is Rhule's team built in his image.  He wanted a GM that could identify the kind of players he needed to win, to build the culture. 

So it's difficult to say whether he is catering/deferring to Rhule's idea of a winner or if it's his. Seems they are ultimately joined at the hip so as one goes so does the other. 

He still buys into a lot of what Rhule wants.... Robby Anderson extension. Signing every Temple/Baylor player or former recruit of Rhule's you could imagine. We will see. Rhule is pushing hard to screw our future by trading for Mayfield. Think of it like the draft confidential video. Rhule was begging to trade up for a QB and was sweating, but you could tell Fitt was going to be patient when Rhule would've traded our future first. You could tell Tepper and Fitt told Rhule we aren't trading a 1 or 2 hahahah. Its the same thing with Mayfield rn trust me. 

Edited by Jared Patterson

4 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

He still buys into a lot of what Rhule wants.... Robby Anderson extension. Signing every Temple/Baylor player or former recruit of Rhule's you could imagine. We will see. Rhule is pushing hard to screw our future by trading for Mayfield. Think of it like the draft confidential video. Rhule was begging to trade up for a QB and was sweating, but you could tell Fitt was going to be patient when Rhule would've traded our future first. You could tell Tepper and Fitt told Rhule we aren't trading a 1 or 2 hahahah. Its the same thing with Mayfield rn trust me. 

Anderson was coming off an amazing season….hardly the GMs fault if he decides to coast now

I suspect that this year is really Fitterers first one where he has the power. Given his role is getting players Rhule wants,  with limited draft picks, he gets an A+ for getting Ickey and then getting Corral. As QBs started to get picked up he waited until it only cost him a third. Honestly Tepper needs to give his brass balls award to Fitterer. You know after passing up.on Watson we were under a lot of pressure to draft someone.  He would be a tough poker player.  And yes, luck was a lady that night for us.

And in free agency he got some good players on decent deals. I am not a fan of the Jackson resigning but apparently there are coaches who love Jackson and his job was to get him signed.

Edited by panthers55
  • Beer 1

57 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Seems like out of Tep, Rhule and Fitt only Scott is NFL caliber. Tepper has zero clue of how to run a football operation , Rhule is better suited for college. 

Amazing that Fitterer would choose to partner up with two giant ignoramuses like Tepp & Rhule...

...why do you figure he did so?

Edited by SizzleBuzz

22 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Amazing that Fitterer would choose to partner up with two giant ignoramuses like Tepp & Rhule...

...why do you figure he did so?

There are only 32 NFL GM jobs in the world. Might have something to do with that.