• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker may be happening today.

Zod

If Baker does come to Carolina that week 1 game against the Browns would probably to biggest talked about game for that week. The NFL wants storylines so it's a good possibility he is coming to the Panthers. I'm not a Baker Mayfield fan but he is without a doubt an upgrade over Sam Darnold. And it would give Matt Corral more time to develop.

Edited by Malt Liquor
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

I met her and her friend in Santa Monica, CA back in 2019 she showed me pics on her cell of her and Baker on vacation somewhere in the tropics or something. she also told me he used to be physically abusive with her

What the fug

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, Malt Liquor said:

If Baker does come to Carolina that week 1 game against the Browns would probably to biggest talked about game for that week. The NFL wants storylines so it's a good possibility he is coming to the Panthers. I'm not a Baker Mayfield fan but he is without a doubt an upgrade over Sam Darnold. And it would give Matt Corral more time to develop.

The national sports media outlets would literally be jerking off all over themselves for that storyline. We might be the feature game for the week if that does happen.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Pakmeng said:

It's rather strange that anyone thinks a team would or should say anything about it.

Teams say things they just do so via unnamed "sources". Fans are going to do what they do...discuss. Strange is coming to a Panthers community and wonder aloud why people are talking about this.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Gotta admit that looks pretty hypocritical...and / or stupid.

It's both. Basically admitting you're willing to look the other way if the skill part of the equation is right and stupid because the Panthers think putting up this front about Mayfield will make folks forget about them being just fine with bringing on Watson and all his baggage when all it does it does is highlight it IMO. Every article after a trade for Mayfield would remind folks about the Panthers striking out on the Watson sweepstakes, especially since Watson is a Brown.

25 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's both. Basically admitting you're willing to look the other way if the skill part of the equation is right and stupid because the Panthers think putting up this front about Mayfield will make folks forget about them being just fine with bringing on Watson and all his baggage when all it does it does is highlight it IMO. Every article after a trade for Mayfield would remind folks about the Panthers striking out on the Watson sweepstakes, especially since Watson is a Brown.

I'd say people have noticed.

• Flames 1

38 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd say people have noticed.

As shitty as it sounds I think Carolina is concerned about Baker’s personality clashing in the locker room more than any off the field issues. Watson (appears to be a terrible person) never had any locker room issues that I’m aware of. His teammates typically spoke highly of him. 

• Pie 1

If one didn't know better they might get the impression that they are trying to work out a long term deal for Baker with the background check they are doing on him. One would think they were going to give up a couple of 1st round picks or something doing all this do diligence on him. 

11 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

If one didn't know better they might get the impression that they are trying to work out a long term deal for Baker with the background check they are doing on him. One would think they were going to give up a couple of 1st round picks or something doing all this do diligence on him. 

I hope that's not the case!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1