• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Roger Goodell tells members of Congress he has no "authority" to remove Daniel Snyder as owner of Commanders

Proudiddy

1 hour ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Especially since just 1-year ago The Owners in fact (i) approved an extension to the $450M debt-cap waiver for the team, and (ii) sided with Snyder against minority ‘Skins owners Schar/Rothman/Smith as they tried to force Dan to sell the team so they could maximize the return on their collective 40.5% stake —The NFL Owners ultimately forced those minority owners to sell to Snyder & Family who now own 100%👊.

I wasn’t aware of all the behind the scenes infighting amongst the ’Skins owners but this guy Dwight Schar went scorched earth and looks to be the primary source of the negative info being leaked about Snyder…

…interestingly not only was Schar forced to sell his stake to Snyder, the League also banned him from ever owning/investing-in another NFL franchise ever again.

This story is getting very interesting 🤔😳💥

520EBFF8-33E1-435C-BF9B-8F604588BABD.jpeg

6BDFDD99-6F95-4157-AD5F-43197C508379.jpeg

This sounds like the backstory for somebody winding up in the footer of a new stadium. 

• Pie 1

17 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34131214/roger-goodell-says-no-authority-remove-daniel-snyder-owner-washington-commanders

So, just thought I would share this as I find it interesting that this guy has nonstop been an issue since he took over there and has had issues with racism, sexism, sexual harassment and abuse almost to the level of human trafficking, has been investigated countless times for countless egregious offenses, but Goodell says he has no authority to remove him?  Interesting, because the asshole had no problem stepping in here and forcing JR out for far lesser (in terms of quantity and magnitude) offenses because we're just the Carolina Panthers...  and now we're stuck with a fuging dumbass for an owner, knowing Snyder is equally, if not more, of a bigot, misogynist, predator and racist...  And I have no doubt vocal idiots like Jerry Jones, The McNairs, and Stephen Ross have just as many violations with racism and other workplace problems, and yet, they're still sitting comfortably in power.

Note: This is not to excuse JR or what he was accused of.  Everyone that knows me on this board and in real-life knows I stand on the side of justice, equality and equity, and love for all.  This is simply to point out that this is more evidence that Goodell is a fuging asshole that only meddles when he sees fit and is a fuging piece of poo human being...  and it still just pisses me off that we got stuck with Tepper because of their bullshit when the stuff Snyder and Washington have done is of the same category of violation but to a much greater degree and magnitude - for instance, JR demanded Blue Jean Fridays or whatever it was...  Snyder had his whole office walking around trading cards of nude cheerleaders they forced into taking nude photographs of, who were essentially being held hostage in a hostile work environment.  Both disgusting, but I'd say the second one is far more egregious, and yet, this douche has remained bulletproof.  I don't disagree that JR had to sell, but when you see the poo happening in DC, it all feels very predetermined, what happened here.  Snyder has not just violated the "shield" multiple times, but he has broken countless state and federal laws with his behavior and the culture he has set forth in DC, and he has not had to answer for it a single time.  And not only does he not answer for it, Goodell capes for him.  How tf does a coach for another team get fired after they read the internal emails from a whole separate organization, but no one within that organization gets fired?  And then Goodell refused to disclose the rest of the emails or release them to media.  I fuging hate dude, and he is the main reason why I don't trust that what we see on the field is ever actually a legit, untampered product.  From destroying Spygate evidence, to seeing the Ray Rice video and not making a move until the media got it and made it public because of how it made the league look, to officiating in Superbowl 50, to intervening when the JR story broke, and then taking this stance every fuging time more of Snyder's dirt is shoveled up, it just feels all very dirty and manipulated, and it doesn't seem we are one of the favored teams...  Again, not defending JR.  I'm saying the poo Snyder has done and gotten away with is unbelievable and Goodell has a history of selectively stepping in and not stepping in at all when it's convenient for him and his buddies.  Hypocrisy at its finest.

Y know,,, this is a great point.  We humans are political.  There will always be people who mislead and manipulate for their selfish self centered desires.

my question is: is Washington elite or is the owner elite?

11 hours ago, onmyown said:

JR selling was first and foremost about staying out of prison…

Did someone hijack your account?!?

…”prison”…?

No fan of JR here but what did he ever do that would warrant “prison” time?

That’s insane…

…heck, in Charloot you can literally rob a bank and get released on no-cash bail🤦‍♂️.

Edited by SizzleBuzz

51 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Did someone hijack your account?!?

…”prison”…?

No fan of JR here but what did he ever do that would warrant “prison” time?

That’s insane…

…heck, in Charloot you can literally rob a bank and get released on no-cash bail🤦‍♂️.

It’s not insane, with a conviction, yes. You really believe cheap ass businessman ‘pie chart’ JR paid multi millions, not to mention lawyers, and maintenance of NDAs for…what exactly? Just no publicity? When he was already on his way out? Then he basically disappears from everything anyways? Only after he failed trying to do his ‘own investigation’ into his own crimes…lol, surely you’re not that stupid. And that’s just what was known about. The investigation ceased after he bailed.

Come on now.

But it looks as if money and NDA’s actually do work. Look at your response. Money bought him the benefit of the doubt because he paid for it. Paid for NDAs. That’s fuged up. You’re supporting that type of behavior/corrupt ness when you minimize what happened all because he paid for it.

Really sad. In my view, someone paying for that poo means guilty above and beyond and then some. In my view and considering the steps he took, something bigger happened we will never hear about it. Money won. And the fuged system handed the trophy over.

But, as clearly evidenced by your response which garners consensus around here and in Charlotte, paying the system and swaying public opinion works and works well. No argument here. So long as you can afford it. And until that changes, NDAs, payouts and cover ups will always be allowed and utilized. 

Really sad.

Edited by onmyown

2 hours ago, onmyown said:

It’s not insane, with a conviction, yes. You really believe cheap ass businessman ‘pie chart’ JR paid multi millions, not to mention lawyers, and maintenance of NDAs for…what exactly? Just no publicity? When he was already on his way out? Then he basically disappears from everything anyways? Only after he failed trying to do his ‘own investigation’ into his own crimes…lol, surely you’re not that stupid. And that’s just what was known about. The investigation ceased after he bailed.

Come on now.

But it looks as if money and NDA’s actually do work. Look at your response. Money bought him the benefit of the doubt because he paid for it. Paid for NDAs. That’s fuged up. You’re supporting that type of behavior/corrupt ness when you minimize what happened all because he paid for it.

Really sad. In my view, someone paying for that poo means guilty above and beyond and then some. In my view and considering the steps he took, something bigger happened we will never hear about it. Money won. And the fuged system handed the trophy over.

But, as clearly evidenced by your response which garners consensus around here and in Charlotte, paying the system and swaying public opinion works and works well. No argument here. So long as you can afford it. And until that changes, NDAs, payouts and cover ups will always be allowed and utilized. 

Really sad.

He is a troll account throwing out bait.  Just ignore his dumb ass. 

21 hours ago, CRA said:

Not trying to compliment Richardson but he simply did the right thing in terms of being willing to walk away once he got outed.  I relate it to politicians.  Scandals send some packing.   Some simply dig in and stay.     JR probably could go fought it and dug in.    Think JR selling was more about JR simply being willing than Goodell forcing it.  That’s just my take.  

Same.  I always felt like JR wasn’t “forced” per se, he just dipped when his dirty laundry was aired out.  And after all, Jerry was suckling the teat of the NFL from the start, so if anyone would quietly bow out out of respect for the league or whatever, it’d be him

• Beer 1