• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Mayfield is a Carolina Panther

uncfan888

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

Chiefs offense is a variation of the WCO.... they seem pretty exciting to me 

Reid's probably the best WCO coach in the game right now. Gotta be between him and Payton, I'd think.

He's arguably one of the best since Bill Walsh but his postseason record doesn't really hold up that well.

(Holmgren and Shanahan were better on that front)

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

WCO still employs a deep ball. Maybe not as frequently as a Coryell but it's there.

Personally, I used to not be a big fan of WCOs but I've warmed to them over the years. When you saw how effective Sean Payton's offense was, it became pretty hard to hate.

In the end, I honestly don't care that much either way as long as we win.

Right but I thought the OP was implying it was a bread and butter thing.

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

Chiefs offense is a variation of the WCO.... they seem pretty exciting to me 

Fair enough, but what players do we have that do well in space?  We don't have a freak like Tyreek.

5 hours ago, Silent Majority said:

The Mayfield d#ck riding from the second chance sunshine brigade is actually pretty phenomenal. To think the Browns will cast off a "stud", takes an incredible amount of cognitive contortion. 

They were saying the same great things about the Darnold trade. How soon they forget.  

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Tommy Jone said:

Right but I thought the OP was implying it was a bread and butter thing.

Fair enough, but what players do we have that do well in space?  We don't have a freak like Tyreek.

My default is DJ Moore and CMC. Chiefs only had Kelce and Hill. Which all four are elite talent in the league (when healthy)

• Pie 1

Just now, TheCasillas said:

My default is DJ Moore and CMC. Chiefs only had Kelce and Hill. Which all four are elite talent in the league (when healthy)

Totally.  I'm just not counting on CMC...  And I feel like DJ is on the cusp of being one of those guys in space, but not quite there.

For fans that want to live in the moment Baker Mayfield provides hope for the immediate future.  Whether he can actually make any meaningful difference when it comes to the Panthers record remains to be seen.  After all, Baker is only one player on a team that has way too many question marks, not the least of which is the head coach.

For those who embrace a long term outlook Baker clouds the picture since he isn't considered an elite QB and may not provide much of an improvement over what Carolina already has on the roster.

I will say that Baker Mayfield does seem to have moxy in spades, which is fun to watch as a fan.  On the other hand, Darnold is about as fun to watch as grass growing.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

This move is 90% to set us back 3 plus years if not more. 

I think we just cemented our place in Purgatory. 

I think that depends on McAdoo. We now have 3 coaches on this staff with head coach experience. I feel like we will surprise people this year, and make the playoffs. I want to see how much of a difference McAdoo makes to this team. I don’t think we are anywhere near Purgatory, especially with Wilks and McAdoo now on board, especially if Corral is the next big thing.

Edited by philit99