• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panther's Secondary This Year.

Michael G

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

ah ... yeah over my head. In all seriousness, Littleton and Shaq will be a top coverage LB duo in the league. Littleton was an awesome grab for us. Very underated. 

...I hope so... Keek and Davis just plain spoiled us...

25 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Without a credible threat on the other side? That's a tough sell.

Gets even tougher when you remember that teams have figured out they can run on him.

You're right.  It is a tough sell.  So let me try.

YGM learned and grew a lot this year behind Hassan.

Hassan had about 2.44 times the number of snaps that YGM had.

If you extrapolate YGM's production you get

9  sacks, 2 PD, 2FF, 68 tackles  12 TFL , 10QB hits and  17 pressures  for YGM extrapolated.

11 sacks, 0 PD, 2FF, 68 tackles, 12 TFL, 18QB hits and   33 pressures for Reddick.

Now I'm not saying its going to be linear or that YGM is going to stay injury free and YGM is obviously not going to be as good as Reddick.  What I'm saying is that YGM can generate some very good production.

I'm not a huge fan of PFF, but the grades for Hassan, Burns and YGM were: 67.9, 60.8 and 63.8.

Its not unreasonable to expect YGM's production to increase substantially with his snaps.

On the surface I am thrilled with our secondary. Physically we have two number 1 CBs, and a number 2 CB. We have not had this much talent at CB since we had Lucas and Gamble, at least on the surface. If Horn and Henderson play up to their talent level, then we'll be able to be very aggressive on defense. And then we have DJax playing wherever (slot) and Chinn at Safety. Yikes we've got a lot of talent in the secondary. Doesn't matter at all though for 2022 because we don't have a top QB. Teams will eat up our secondary because we'll throw too many picks and they'll run our defense to death. 2023 we'll draft a top QB and then we'll be in business.  

4 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

We have got worse on the Dline and in the LB room. (Littleton is beyond trash and Wilson sucks too.) Jermaine Carter is much better than both. Secondary has really improved though, but will be put in a tough position to succeed. 

This is a truly innacurate take. We 100% upgraded at LBer... if you think Littleton sucks than thats because you havent gone back and watched his tape. There is a reason he was a top coverage linebacker in the league in 2020. 

Wilson is a better tackler than Jermain Carter by a large margin. He also has the ability to play on special teams at an effective rate.  

Linebacker room is not a weakness for us this year by any means. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

This is a truly innacurate take. We 100% upgraded at LBer... if you think Littleton sucks than thats because you havent gone back and watched his tape. There is a reason he was a top coverage linebacker in the league in 2020. 

Wilson is a better tackler than Jermain Carter by a large margin. He also has the ability to play on special teams at an effective rate.  

Linebacker room is not a weakness for us this year by any means. 

Lol Littleton's not even going to start and Wilson is very bad, lacks LB IQ and is a criminal off the field who would not have got signed if it wasn't for us.... Jermaine is much better. Wanna take a bet Carter grades out better on the Chiefs than Littleton or Wilson here? Littleton has been one of the worst graded linebackers in the league the past two years.... If you want to argue Brandon Smith, I will give you that... he has a lot of potential, but don't try to say Littleton or Wilson are starter level players today, its just a wishful, hopeful yet ignorant thinking.

Edited by Jared Patterson

1 hour ago, t96 said:

Henderson was a top 10 pick by JAX we traded for last year, it cost us a mid rounder but we didn't draft him there... I'm optimistic about his future with Wilks coaching him and he's young with insane upside, but he was not that good last year in my opinion.

Horn is an absolute stud and I think will be the best corner we've ever had. Hopefully no more injuries for him. Jackson is underrated and a very good #2 across from Horn. Chinn back at SS should be a stud difference maker. I like the Woods signing but FS is still a bit of a weak spot. We're paying him as a fringe starter/backup so I don't expect him to be a world beater back there. Fortunately we probably won't need him to be. Depth at CB if any of our top 3 get hurt is a bit of a concern too. Otherwise yeah I really like our secondary this year.

Sorry, I meant Taylor. 

2 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Lol Littleton's not even going to start and Wilson is very bad, lacks LB IQ and is a criminal off the field who would not have got signed if it wasn't for us.... Jermaine is much better. Wanna take a bet Carter grades out better on the Chiefs than Littleton or Wilson here? Littleton has been one of the worst graded linebackers in the league the past two years.... If you want to argue Brandon Smith, I will give you that... he has a lot of potential, but don't try to say Littleton or Wilson are starter level players today, its just a wishful, hopeful yet ignorant statement.

Ill take the bet on Littleton all day.  The Raiders misused him and played him out of positon. Littleton was an All Pro LB and Pro bowler for the Rams while he played MLB and SLB. Gruden and Paul Gunther tried to play Littleton at weak side

Al Snow already spoke to this and mentioned his excitement of putting Corey at MLB in some packages. Our core 3 LB will be Shaq, Corey, and Brandon. 

Good chance to be the best in history and one of the best overall. 

Chinn can and should breakout. Horn plays like a 5th year all-pro, just to see if hes over the injury. Henderson has everything you want in a DB/CB. Djack gets better each year and that can continue this yr. Woods can bring this all together via communication/pride/footballIQ 

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Ill take the bet on Littleton all day.  The Raiders misused him and played him out of positon. Littleton was an All Pro LB and Pro bowler for the Rams while he played MLB and SLB. Gruden and Paul Gunther tried to play Littleton at weak side

Al Snow already spoke to this and mentioned his excitement of putting Corey at MLB in some packages. Our core 3 LB will be Shaq, Corey, and Brandon. 

Okay, you go ahead and get excited about having Littleton/Wilson as your "stud" LBs .... BTW find me a depth chart that has Littleton starting. All the ones I see have Wilson. Either way both are back ups at the very best at this stage. Carter isn't good either, just better than them. 

39 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Okay, you go ahead and get excited about having Littleton/Wilson as your "stud" LBs .... BTW find me a depth chart that has Littleton starting. All the ones I see have Wilson. Either way both are back ups at the very best at this stage. Carter isn't good either, just better than them. 

I said Littleton and Shaq will be a strong duo this year and that I'd take the bet on Littleton being a better LBer this year than Carter. Wilson is not a stud, and he is a special teams player that can spot start. Which is better than Carter. 

Also, are you for real talking about depth charts at the begining of July?! 

• Pie 1