• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Brady revisited

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Why are we trying to hype up a man who got ran out of the league, hasn't been in the league in 3 years and is one of the most player hated coaches ever. And consider this as a good move????

See the source image

2 hours ago, Jared Patterson said:

Why are we trying to hype up a man who got ran out of the league, hasn't been in the league in 3 years and is one of the most player hated coaches ever. And consider this as a good move????

I will never understand the Joe Brady fetish.  I just won't.

The huddle celebrated when Mike Shula was fired...you know the OC when we went to the superbowl.

But huddlers mourn "super talented" Joe Brady.  The man was a genius.

Oh you were talking about McAdoo...

Edited by poundaway
  • Pie 1

5 hours ago, CRA said:

He called the plays on 3rd and long and inside the 10 at LSU.  He wasn't the OC.  But he was part of it. 

You may be right, but I think I could call plays if I had the level of talent he had at LSU playing against College teams.  I vaguely remember that all but three of their starting offensive team have started games in the NFL. 

• Flames 1

On 7/8/2022 at 11:30 AM, CRA said:

Baylor pre Rhule

AP poll highs

2016 - #8

2015 - #2

2014 -#4

2013 -#3

Baylor got punished.  But Rhule didn't make Baylor into a program it wasn't.  It was a place to play football. 

Baylor got a death blow due to players rapping and getting protected.. Don't like Rhule but he brought that program back from being as Toxic as SMU in the 80'..

• Pie 1

On 7/8/2022 at 7:20 PM, Jared Patterson said:

Wait till you see McAdoodoo and Rhule run Christian straight into the ground again to help save their jobs. I don't think Brady was great, but he is better than McAdoo and is in a great situation with the Bills to actually learn from good coaches. 

I hope McCaffrey is healthy enough to be ran into the ground - he hasn't played for 2 seasons. He's been stealing a living. 

4 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Chris Sims broke the whole Joe Brady tenure down..

Excellent post.

"With the Carolina Panthers offense. There's just there's nothing there. You know,
there's too many games. I was turning out and going.  Wait. I've seen this play. It's late in the second quarter.  I've seen it five times already....And that's the issue the league caught on to the Joe Brady offense....   Sam  Darnold wasn't good. I get it. But the Defenders on some of these teams were running the routes for Robbie Anderson and DJ Moore.
"

Some of you don't actually know what SCAPEGOAT is.  A scapegoat is a person, group, or entity who is targeted for blame for something he or she was not responsible for.

The offense was putrid.  Was Sam supposed to throw to covered receivers on every down after Joe Brady played the same play 5 times that failed the first four?  The league caught on to the Joe Brady offense.  That is Sam's fault?  We could barely run the ball.  Was that Sam's fault too?

The Huddle's Joe Brady fetish is just repackaged Rhule hate.  He wasn't a scapegoat.  He sucked.  He ran the same offense year to year and the same plays series to series WITH NO ADJUSTMENTS.  Fnck Joe Brady and the LSU stats he claimed credit for.
Edited by poundaway
  • Pie 2

On 7/8/2022 at 5:11 PM, MasterAwesome said:

CRA when he gets TWO threads in a single day to espouse his love for Joseph "the GOAT" Brady who orchestrated back to back 24th and 29th rated offenses:

andy samberg snl GIF

Joe Brady is a passing guy.  He didn’t belong here.   Which was a problem.  He also had to develop and we have too many other issues for that. 

and we had a green passing OC and gave him  Sam Darnold and a bad OL LMAO.   Gee I wonder why that failed.   A rookie RB who couldn’t catch. Better OCs couldn’t of made it work in Carolina last year given the talent. 

but my stance doesn’t change.  He wasn’t the problem.  Just a problem.   Much bigger problems in Carolina than Brady.  Starts with Rhule.   He has been the primary one.  He has put things together that fail by design.  That was our offense in 2021. 

Nothing wrong with 2020.  We over achieved all things considered.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, poundaway said:

"With the Carolina Panthers offense. There's just there's nothing there. You know,
there's too many games. I was turning out and going.  Wait. I've seen this play. It's late in the second quarter.  I've seen it five times already....And that's the issue the league caught on to the Joe Brady offense....   Sam  Darnold wasn't good. I get it. But the Defenders on some of these teams were running the routes for Robbie Anderson and DJ Moore.
"

Some of you don't actually know what SCAPEGOAT is.  A scapegoat is a person, group, or entity who is targeted for blame for something he or she was not responsible for.

The offense was putrid.  Was Sam supposed to throw to covered receivers on every down after Joe Brady played the same play 5 times that failed the first four?  The league caught on to the Joe Brady offense.  That is Sam's fault?  We could barely run the ball.  Was that Sam's fault too?

The Huddle's Joe Brady fetish is just repackaged Rhule hate.  He wasn't a scapegoat.  He sucked.  He ran the same offense year to year and the same plays series to series WITH NO ADJUSTMENTS.  Fnck Joe Brady and the LSU stats he claimed credit for.

Joe Brady didn't have a curve ball, sinker. Or slider.. He was a 1 pitch guy due to experience... Ppl here complained on no adjustments after halftime and no recognizing of what the defense was doing..

All that is due to hiring a college pass game coordinator with no play calling experience at any level.. 

Add in HC with no pro experience or set expertise (being either a offensive or defensive guy)

Bad to meh QB play..

A horrible Oline..

And injury prone star RB you based the offense on. 

Finally a pandemic that destroys Practice time and reps for 2 years..

And it turns into the crap we've seen for 3 years..