• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's take a step back and look at ourselves in the mirror as a fanbase

23 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Matt Rhule is by far my biggest concern. If we had a legit NFL coaching staff I would think we could potentially compete for the playoffs and honestly that should be Rhule's measuring stick for this season. He has to be sent packing if we flounder again.

But will he be sent packing? Roughly 80% of teh huddle thinks he belongs in amateur sports. The pundits are zeroed in on us as the laughing stock now. Finessed in the Baker deal is the new banter. It true, and there's nothing we can do about.

Spoon feeding and bubble wrap for the best QB in the SEC in 2021 and arguably the most accurate guy in the top of QB conversations. A MAN who just wants to continue to lead, play, learn, dominate.

I'll continue to use Zach Wilson and Mac Jones as recent examples. Corral, to me is better than one, and he played, and can potentially surpass Mac. Let him do that.

The Baker hookup/help up smells like Teddy,Sam, even Cam, now Baker. Rhule was introduced as a "builder", THAT is a lie. He is a proven QB recycler who has no future plan.

He coddled Sam and actually made him worse. 

On 7/8/2022 at 9:56 PM, frankw said:

I've been falling back a bit on my Rhule mud slinging but recent events are bringing it back. He is responsible for the duo of Sam Darnold and Robbie Anderson the two highly paid players who are top tier at their position only in their own minds. Rhule is back on the shitlist for the time being.

He was off of it?

1 hour ago, poundaway said:

He was off of it?

In general it's become a futile effort to complain about Rhule. Same can be said for Tepper. But Matt is the one responsible for us sifting through the Jets scraps to build our team and aside from Frankie Luvu it's been a shitshow. All we can do is hope Robbie Anderson can hold it together for the sake of the locker room because if the losses pile up it could get ugly.

I just don't have that much of my emotional makeup invested in a sports team.  I hope they do well, but at the end of the day I do not get angry and let a football game ruin my day.  They certainly frustrate me when I am watching, but once the game is over I move on and if they are getting destroyed I just move on to another game or go do something else.  

On 7/10/2022 at 12:38 PM, rippadonn said:

The Baker hookup/help up smells like Teddy,Sam, even Cam, now Baker. Rhule was introduced as a "builder", THAT is a lie. He is a proven QB recycler who has no future plan.

He coddled Sam and actually made him worse. 

IMO Rhule/Brady really let the QBs position down. Why is PJ on the roster if he isn't gonna play when QB1 is playing poorly or hurt? The OL was a disaster last year after CMC went down and when teams got some tape on us- No changes to scheme or play calling were made to help Sam (I'm not coddling Sam he sucks and never should have gotten an extension before proving he was worth it). Everyone knew how to attack us and we made few to no changes to stop it (Nixon seemed to be lost when he took over as OC and I could not tell a difference in the O at all from before except for the Arizona Game with Cam sharing a few reps). Our QBs didn't play well last year (or the year before-Teddy was better than Darnold but..)and IMO its due largely to coaching or lack thereof, not just the ability of those players.

I want to be wrong about this season. I want Tepper to have been right to keep Rhule on board. I want us to find out that it really did take three years to build something great here. I want to find out that we have a complete and balanced team that can compete and win against anyone on any given Sunday (or Saturday, Monday or even Thursday).

But I'm afraid I'm not wrong. I said when everyone wanted Rivera fired that we very well could be in for worse than we were jettisoning and I think we've proven to have been that. Not boosting Rivera, just saying that the ownership here was unwise in their decision making and apparently oblivious to the good advice around them. (And we can only blame Hurney for so much, Tepper makes the decisions, writes the checks and guides the ship.)

Let 'em surprise me. I'm tired of not being surprised.

• Beer 1

I’m more pissed at Tepper than Rhule. Matt has clearly shown in his first two years that he’s over-whelmed on an NFL sideline yet Tepper keeps telling us “it’s a long process.” 

Don’t hate Matt for still being here, hate Tepper for not firing him.

• Pie 1