• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's take a step back and look at ourselves in the mirror as a fanbase

Exactly.  I'm not sold on Rhuld but I dont hate him either.  I think it all comes down to how he learns from the experience he gains, but even worst case I feel like it should be looked like when the team brings in a player you dont like.  You may not like them but if they are on the panthers then I dont understand why you wouldnt want them to be great.  I want every player on the roster and every coach on the staff to be great and in my opinion coaches just like players can improve, but regardless in the end I just want to win and I will never cheer for them to lose entirely because i want someone to lose their job.

• Pie 4

It goes beyond Rhule though. Rhule is a symptom of Tepper's incompetence and, arguably, arrogance. From the nonsense with Rivera and Hurney to being so fixated on Watson, Tepper has dug himself quite a hole and Rhule, no matter what the outcome this season, is only a part of that hole.

• Beer 5

I've been falling back a bit on my Rhule mud slinging but recent events are bringing it back. He is responsible for the duo of Sam Darnold and Robbie Anderson the two highly paid players who are top tier at their position only in their own minds. Rhule is back on the shitlist for the time being.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 4

Do u expect me to read that!! My short version without reading on the Panther Fan base is mixed.. Twitter is more positive.. Huddle is pretty damn negative:

but Personally I am hoping:

McAdoo can turn this offense around with his QB of choice.. McCaffery can stay healthy.. Offensive line gels and becomes a force.. Horn stays healthy and elevates the defense!! And we win games!!

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

I've been falling back a bit on my Rhule mud slinging but recent events are bringing it back. He is responsible for the duo of Sam Darnold and Robbie Anderson the two highly paid players who are top tier at their position only in their own minds. Rhule is back on the shitlist for the time being.

Also it's the offseason and it's easy for the trades and draft picks and everything to gloss over the owner/coach BS. As soon as the live game action begins Rhule is going to go immediately back into his shitty ways and we'll be bitching about the main problem all over again. Too late for him to change or grow, he seemed like the same impatient spazz he's always been during that draft confidential video

I have been in this for the long haul for a long time. I don’t need to rationalize it or pump it up, it can do that for itself or not. The owner is an issue and the head coach is an issue. Doing in year 3 what they should have in year one in a bunch of spots does not wipe away the fact we almost traded for Watson, have another reject QB under center again and much of the coaching is improved but still subpar.  

It stinks but we are in a rough spot as fans. The owner needs a lot more experience and that is if that even matters because sometimes it doesn’t. Either way there will be football on Sundays and life rolls on. Hope and pray or cruse and yell. It won't really matter on the field, that is all just what we each find interesting in this thing.

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

I to like the panthers. 

I will root for the panthers to win this year

if the panthers win this year, I will like Matt Rhule

if the panthers lose this year, I will deal with consequences at that point

i will understand that there is no changing our head coach now, and will understand that although I don’t agree, the entire league currently has the same record and at this time last year the bengals were no better than us 

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I guess what I'm saying is I am a Panther Fan first and foremost, and I don't want to lose sight of that, regardless of who the coach is. I'm going to root for Matt Rhule to succeed, because his success means the team succeeds, and that's all any of us really care about.

I've never really understood rooting for "your" team to lose, which I see a lot here on the Huddle. If you are a fan, you support the team and root for the team to win. I understand "losing to win", but that's not our job as fans; not our place as fans.

Personally, when I watch a game, I want to watch the team win. Everytime. I've never turned on the TV and watched a Panther's game hoping for a loss. It's just a weird mentality as a fan that I can't comprehend. Who cares who the coach/gm/owner/qb/towel boy is? I'm not a Matt Rhule fan or Cam Newton fan or David Tepper fan. I'm a Panthers fan and I want the Panthers to succeed, everyday. Every time they step on the field. Nobody else matters and nothing else matters but wins.

The fact is, if I root for the team to win or if I root for the team to lose, does not change reality. If the coach sucks, the team will lose, and he will be replaced. I don't need to be a poo fan to make that happen. I'll always support my teams and I always cheer for wins. Everything else will take care of itself.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1