• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Help me, I'm feeling optimistic.

Zod

2 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Those stats are skewed by a few early games where the run defense actually worked. 

Its true the first 3 games we allowed 40ish yards rushing a game which was excellent.    We weren't the only ones to play those teams. 

Is everybody supposed to subtract out their best games from their averages? 

Why do Panther fans want to subtract good games out the aggregate and provide lame ass excuses for their opponents? 

We held 5 teams after that under 100 yards including the Saints and Bucs in the last two games of the season and the Eagles, another play off team.  If you keep your opponent under 100 yards rushing a game, you're typically top 10 rushing D. 

Now I'm not saying we were top 10.  I'm saying we weren't "absolute ass".

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

23 minutes ago, shaq said:

Would be pretty funny to see this team make the playoffs and watch everyone hop back on the train. Our offense will be significantly better which will give us a real shot for playoffs.

Depends which Mayfield we get, 18/20 or 19/21.

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Its true the first 3 games we allowed 40ish yards rushing a game which was excellent.    We weren't the only ones to play those teams. 

Is everybody supposed to subtract out their best games from their averages? 

Why do Panther fans want to subtract good games out the aggregate and provide lame ass excuses for their opponents? 

We held 5 teams after that under 100 yards including the Saints and Bucs in the last two games of the season and the Eagles, another play off team.  If you keep your opponent under 100 yards rushing a game, you're typically top 10 rushing D. 

Now I'm not saying we were top 10.  I'm saying we weren't "absolute ass".

Are you also ignoring the massive rushing totals they gave up in the many losses they endured? 

They gave up 100+ rushing yards in 9 games, all losses. They gave up 150+ in 5 of those games. Teams rarely win games giving up these types of numbers in the run game.

Dallas - 245.

Minnesota - 198 

New England - 151

Washington - 190

Tampa Bay - 159

The Giants, Dolphins, Bills, and Falcons all topped 100 yards as well. 

And what did they do in the offseason to improve the run defense? Nothing. Literally nothing.

• Beer 2

Depends on which Baker we get.  If we get 2019 or 2021 Baker, then we are looking at 4-6 wins.  If we get 2018 or 2020 Baker, we're looking at north of 7 wins.

It looks like sacks mess with his play.

He was sacked over 40 times in 19 and 21.  If we keep the sack #s in the 20's his play is pretty good.  He can handle pressure.  His highest pressure rate was 2018, a good year for him.  It looks like he just can't take the hits, which might explain his 4th quarter decline as well.

I think OL play and injuries are going to be key this year. 

6 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Are you also ignoring the massive rushing totals they gave up in the many losses they endured? 

They gave up 100+ rushing yards in 9 games, all losses. They gave up 150+ in 5 of those games. Teams rarely win games giving up these types of numbers in the run game.

Dallas - 245.

Minnesota - 198 

New England - 151

Washington - 190

Tampa Bay - 159

The Giants, Dolphins, Bills, and Falcons all topped 100 yards as well. 

And what did they do in the offseason to improve the run defense? Nothing. Literally nothing.

Just like a Panthers fan.  Highlight the worst games and then discard the best games.  Nicely done.  I expect you to be promoted to mod anytime.

You'll see.  The rushing D will probably be mid range again, because we haven't made a ton of changes.  You'll highlight the bad games and discard good ones, even though every single team has them.  Its why we look at the aggregate.