• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another key Carolina Panthers executive leaves Tepper Sports

TheSpecialJuan

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

But in all honesty how much do we really know inside those four walls? Just bc we don’t have indications… doesn’t mean it’s what’s happening. Everything is an assumption until leaks of insider info, which we have none.

You need to understand that the default base-case is EVERYTHING is David Tepper's fault because he's a buffoon who just stumbled into $16 billion despite himself 🤣.

It really is a transparent smear-Tepper campaign straight out of the "dossier" playbook because none of this entirely normal executive turnover has any impact on football operations 🤦‍♂️...

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not exactly hard to find...

Panthers owner David Tepper hires Glick as team president

Tepper shuffles top execs for Panthers, Charlotte FC

Glick was initially hired as Panthers team president and later promoted to CEO of Tepper Sports. When he reportedly "stepped aside to pursue other opportunities", Kelly was named his successor in that role.

Given that's the highest official there is at the organization, is there any evidence whatsoever that anyone other than Tepper gave them the job?

I mean, if you really wanna pursue an "everybody's fault but Tepper's" argument, you're gonna need at least some small shoestring of evidence? Do you have that?

I don’t think I’m stating my point clear enough if your take away is that im saying everyone is to blame it tepper. That’s seems a bit egregious of an extraction from what I’ve written. 

Im simply stating that there are a lot of conversations and agreements that happen inside those four walls that we have zero insight to. 

When we did work for Glick and his team, Tepper was never in any of the calls/zooms. There we’re about 20+ people in every call but never Tepper.  Even during our next step proposal for TSE, still no tepper or sign off on the CLT FC digital strategy. 

I honestly don’t think he gets involved until the poo hits the fan or it’s time to pick a QB

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

I don’t think I’m stating my point clear enough if your take away is that im saying everyone is to blame it tepper. That’s seems a bit egregious of an extraction from what I’ve written. 

Im simply stating that there are a lot of conversations and agreements that happen inside those four walls that we have zero insight to. 

When we did work for Glick and his team, Tepper was never in any of the calls/zooms. There we’re about 20+ people in every call but never Tepper.  Even during our next step proposal for TSE, still no tepper or sign off on the CLT FC digital strategy. 

I honestly don’t think he gets involved until the poo hits the fan or it’s time to pick a QB

You were suggesting that someone other than Tepper hired the respective CEOs of Tepper Sports.

It's kind of a silly notion.

49 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

No I wasn’t. I apologize if that is how it read, but that’s not what I was stating. 

Your quote...

10 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

We know he hand picked Mike Hart, but do we know if he hand picked Glick and the other guy (forgot his name atm) ? 

it’s not often that an owner is the primary decision maker at that level of hiring. He could have been involved in the interview process but ultimately left the up to his COO (Hart) to make the call. 

13 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

These aren't janitors walking out the door on a monthly basis. It's the top people on the organization.

I understand that.. I was taking a little jab to be funny.. but from what I have read this individual was the lead guy on the Rock Hill project.. So maybe Tepper he hasn’t been hiring the right people.. it happens in every business!! A clash of ideas.. who knows.. Hopefully Tepper isn’t the next Dan Snyder.. just taking lumps learning the NFL and how to run the organization 

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, DamnItJake! said:

I understand that.. I was taking a little jab to be funny.. but from what I have read this individual was the lead guy on the Rock Hill project.. So maybe Tepper he hasn’t been hiring the right people.. it happens in every business!! A clash of ideas.. who knows.. Hopefully Tepper isn’t the next Dan Snyder.. just taking lumps learning the NFL and how to run the organization 

Hopefully the clash of ideas was the stadium turf but I doubt it

• Beer 1

54 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Your quote...

yup… what I’m referring to is do we know if he went out and searched for Glick? Or was this suggested by referral or sought out by his recruitment team?

We don’t know if he hand pick Glick. We do know that they have not worked together in the past and that tepper had an immediate appetite for pulling together a soccer club for Charlotte.

if his team served him glick based on their discussions and interview process, then we can’t say tepper hand picked him. There is a process to all hires, and we can’t 100% confidently say “glick was tepper’s guy” without insight into their hiring and recruitment process 

he had history with Hart bc they worked together in Pittsburgh. So you can argue that he hand picked Mike hart 

• Beer 1

24 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

yup… what I’m referring to is do we know if he went out and searched for Glick? Or was this suggested by referral or sought out by his recruitment team?

We don’t know if he hand pick Glick. We do know that they have not worked together in the past and that tepper had an immediate appetite for pulling together a soccer club for Charlotte.

if his team served him glick based on their discussions and interview process, then we can’t say tepper hand picked him. There is a process to all hires, and we can’t 100% confidently say “glick was tepper’s guy” without insight into their hiring and recruitment process 

he had history with Hart bc they worked together in Pittsburgh. So you can argue that he hand picked Mike hart 

You're reeeeeaally stretching here...

And FYI, it's Mark Hart.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

You're reeeeeaally stretching here...

And FYI, it's Mark Hart.

I’m on vacation this week and been drinking all day, need a little wiggle room on names. 

also, if you think tepper went out and searched for Glick all by himself… then you are very disconnected from how agencies like TSE find their talent.  Calling my suggestion a huge stretch is a stretch in itself. Why would tepper spend weeks by himself searching for someone when he could hire professionals who are good at it to do it for him? That doesn’t sound very billionaire like….

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1