• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is anyone not gonna mention Murray?

top dawg

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

what tier QB is Kyler Murray though? I think that is a debatable question.  I personally think he and Baker Mayfield aren't that far apart to date. 

I think Murray is talented.  Not sure how good he really is. 

After 2020 Murray was ranked #10 and Baker was #11. I feel like now there is like 7 or so top guys and then all these other dudes just float around from 8-17 or so depending on the year and supporting cast/injuries etc. 

3 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Yep. My opinion of him drop dramatically after that playoff game. What an overpay.

That playoff pick-6 was Mark Sanchez-level stupid. It took me 5 minutes to accept that a starting-level QB would ever try that “pass attempt”. Atrocious play, atrocious contract. 

• Beer 1

52 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

I see you think Kyler is better than he is too. He took his team to one playoff game and looked abysmal, the guy does not study film and he is severely undersized. 

If you think paying that guy like an elite QB is good idea more power to you. 

Before you accuse someone of not studying film give evidence I’ve never heard anything of the sort. Great players have bad games, he’s 24 years old and fits the mold of todays game. He had a near 70% completion percentage last year. Before his injury he was lighting the league up, “Halfway through the 2020 season, Murray has 2,130 passing yards and 543 rushing yards. That puts him on pace to pass for 4,260 yards and run for 1,086 yards this season. That would be the first 4,000-yard passing, 1,000-yard rushing season in NFL history.” Only gonna get better from here.

1 hour ago, CRA said:

what tier QB is Kyler Murray though? I think that is a debatable question.  I personally think he and Baker Mayfield aren't that far apart to date. 

I think Murray is talented.  Not sure how good he really is. 

Athletic talent? He's off the charts.

Quarterback talent? That's where the questions come in.

His first two seasons, he's faded down the stretch. For his rookie year, you can attribute that to pro transition. Second year? Not so much.

And that playoff performance? Yikes 😬

Throw in the chatter about him thinking he doesn't need to study and there's plenty of reason to wonder.

• Beer 2

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Athletic talent? He's off the charts.

Quarterback talent? That's where the questions come in.

His first two seasons, he's faded down the stretch. For his rookie year, you can attribute that to pro transition. Second year? Not so much.

And that playoff performance? Yikes 😬

Throw in the chatter about him thinking he doesn't need to study and there's plenty of reason to wonder.

He got hurt the past 2 years and stopped running when he came back.  When he is made to stay in the pocket he struggles.  If he doesnt move around and create throwing lanes then he is a marginal qb.  His size and playing style would scare the bejeesus out of me.  Watch the ram playoff highlights and how they contained him in the pocket.  I suspect more teams will employ that approach going forward

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

He's a career 67% 94 rating passer that has improved those numbers ever season.  The money aside he's not a questionable QB. 

for 230.5 mil, 160 guaranteed? 

I'd say he is questionable given the pay.  He still doesn't have a .500 career record yet and folded pretty hard the one time he saw the postseason.  I mean, he was the clear cut primary issue in that playoff game IMO.   And outside of his a slightly better pass % his numbers are very Baker like as a passer

• Beer 1

20 hours ago, DamnItJake! said:

We shall beat them again!! Big money or not!! That’s a team I never liked maybe it’s cuz I hate all teams from St Louis and I still don’t like them even though they’re in Phoenix plus they smoked us in the playoffs cuz Jakes arm died that game!!

I feel like the panthers have atoned for the sins of that game already