• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Hayward on Baker to Carolina.

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Would love to see TMJ emerge in camp making Robbie expendable. We could use some more draft capital. Surely someone would send us a mid-late rounder for him.

We are not deep enough to talk about releasing a starting receiver. The man had a down year, y'all forgot 2020's production quick AF. 

He was over 1k.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, AggieLean said:

I’ve said this constantly; if Robbie has a down year this year or a year like last, then I’m ready to join the mob. I can’t write Robbie off yet, as he’s shown he’s capable of producing in this league. People don’t like Robbie personally, and they’re too afraid to say that. They don’t like how he talks, they don’t like his appearance, etc. I can respect @kungfoodudebecause he’s said it was comments that Robbie made that turned him off. I might not agree with em, but I have to respect that because atleast he’s being real on his disdain. 

And anyone can check the record. I was one of the very, very few to defend Robbie while he was struggling. All it took was for him to say poo about the fans booing while we had to endure yet another season of awful play.

Had he lashed out at fans for cussing at him or saying some completely out of line poo, I'd have been on his side. Bullying on social media? I'm on the players side. But booing?? Given what we have had to watch for years now and pay to do so? Get fuged, Robbie or any other player that says fans can't boo a terrible product on the field. 

And to be clear, I have been attending sporting events for more than 30+ years and I haven't booed in a stadium, arena or field one fuging time. But I damn sure don't blame people that do.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, top dawg said:

"Turn on the fans" is a bit hyperbolic. I also take issue with you trying to act like Robbie doesn't care. That's bull. I'm not going to hate on a player for being emotional. The team played like dog sh¡t. Robbie had an extremely bad week of drops--maybe two if you want to look at it that way--but that hasn't been his calling card. He was pressing on a bad team where the QB(s) couldn't maximize his skill set for most of the year. Hell, even Teddy didn't do it in 2020 from my perspective. 

I'm gonna tell you the same as I've told all the Robbie haters; if he has another bad season (which he was really still average in 2021 per PFF), then have at it. Until then, you're just looking like a petty fan with an unrighteous ax to grind.

You are literally inserting words I did not say.

Read the post and respond to what I said, not what you interjected in your head.

You are literally arguing with a phantom version of something that only exists in your brain.

Edited by kungfoodude

8 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

You are literally inserting words I did not say.

Read the post and respond to what I said, not what you interjected in your head.

You are literally arguing with a phantom version of something that only exists in your brain.

Did you not intimate that Robbie played like dog sh¡t all season and turned on the fans and suggest that that is unforgivable, saying that you're off his bandwagon permanently?  Or maybe you're just talking about Brown, even though you said "too". 

Did you not suggest that Robbie did not take personal responsibility, the implication being that he doesn't care? 

If you're going to say something, say it and own it. I do. You literally used the term "turn on fans" and "lack of personal responsibility thing", "play like dogshit all season", and now you're intimating that I'm talking out the side of my neck which is ludicrous.

1. Robbie didn't play like dog sh¡t all season. He had a rough couple of weeks. For the season he was slightly below average at worst. The issue is that he played under his potential and didn't earn his money.

2. Robbie absolutely took accountability for his drops.

3. Robbie got upset that fans booed Darnold when he came in to replace Cam.  A couple of plays later they were cheering when Darnold found Shi Smith for 63 yards. So, yes, Robbie got emotional about it:

“Like, that’s not real fans, you know what I’m saying?” he added. “For the culture that we’re building, we don’t want no fake fans. We want diehard, loyal fans that’s gonna ride or die for us. Simple as that.”

You might not like what he said, but that's hardly turning on the fans. And, to be honest, some fans are downright hypocritical. I've always felt that booing your own team is uncalled for. Personally, I never boo the home team. I might say some expletives out of frustration, but that's just me. I support the guys and wish for the best even when they're fuging up. 

I responded to the words that came out of your brain, not mine. Stop trying to gaslight! 

My take as the panthers enter camp. 

1.  I have concerns with the coach and front office direction.

2  Sam is not the answer

3  Robbie says things that are annoying and underperformed last year.  

4.  Did not really want Baker.

All things I don’t like about the current team, but all things I have no control over.  Ultimately, I pull for the team no matter what so as we enter camp and kickoff the season, I choose to overlook my dislikes and personal irritation.  On paper, the team, particularly the offense is much better than the team we fielded in January.  I’m intrigued to see what we can do.  I doubt there is a chance this is a Super Bowl team but think they can be competitive so I will sit back and be entertained.  

As.it stands, I think fielding Baker and to a lessor extent, Robbie, will give this team the best chance to win.  So even though I’m critical of the decisions, I will pull for Rhule, Baker and Robbie to succeed and try to enjoy the 2022/2023 panthers.  So glad we have football coming back.  

Go team!

17 hours ago, AggieLean said:

Robby is much more than camp fodder. He’s shown that. If you don’t like him for his extra curricular then say that, but he’s shown he’s capable 

We must have watched entirely different Panthers games last season. The dude had hands of stone, ran meh routes and was more than happy to throw others under the bus rather than take responsibility. 

4 hours ago, top dawg said:

Did you not intimate that Robbie played like dog sh¡t all season and turned on the fans and suggest that that is unforgivable, saying that you're off his bandwagon permanently?  Or maybe you're just talking about Brown, even though you said "too". 

Did you not suggest that Robbie did not take personal responsibility, the implication being that he doesn't care? 

If you're going to say something, say it and own it. I do. You literally used the term "turn on fans" and "lack of personal responsibility thing", "play like dogshit all season", and now you're intimating that I'm talking out the side of my neck which is ludicrous.

1. Robbie didn't play like dog sh¡t all season. He had a rough couple of weeks. For the season he was slightly below average at worst. The issue is that he played under his potential and didn't earn his money.

2. Robbie absolutely took accountability for his drops.

3. Robbie got upset that fans booed Darnold when he came in to replace Cam.  A couple of plays later they were cheering when Darnold found Shi Smith for 63 yards. So, yes, Robbie got emotional about it:

“Like, that’s not real fans, you know what I’m saying?” he added. “For the culture that we’re building, we don’t want no fake fans. We want diehard, loyal fans that’s gonna ride or die for us. Simple as that.”

You might not like what he said, but that's hardly turning on the fans. And, to be honest, some fans are downright hypocritical. I've always felt that booing your own team is uncalled for. Personally, I never boo the home team. I might say some expletives out of frustration, but that's just me. I support the guys and wish for the best even when they're fuging up. 

I responded to the words that came out of your brain, not mine. Stop trying to gaslight! 

You are literally nuts. If you are taking all of that from what I said, you need to be on meds of some sort. 

1 minute ago, Khyber53 said:

We must have watched entirely different Panthers games last season. The dude had hands of stone, ran meh routes and was more than happy to throw others under the bus rather than take responsibility. 

He is better than he played last year but there is no guarantee he will play like he did in 2020.

If he struggles again in 2022, it's time to cut ties. We just need to hope we have someone to replace him. Admittedly, that is an extremely pedestrian WR corps when he isn't effective. We have very few options that aren't 4th or 5th WR's after DJ and Robby.

Robby and DJ accounted for 17 of the Panthers 28 drops last year. Hubbard added another 7, but he was trying to fill a role not suited for him.

I know Darnold is not a great passer, but seemed like there were several instances in which both receivers had alligator arms, especially after Terrace Marshall, Jr. suffered a concussion trying to catch one of Sam's patented hospital balls.

DJ at least caught 57.1% of the passes thrown his way. Robbie only caught 48.2%. The real question is, with Baker at QB, are DJ and Robbie going to suffer the same affliction this year? 

5 hours ago, top dawg said:

Robbie got upset that fans booed Darnold when he came in to replace Cam. 

At the time Sam and Robbie combined were sitting on 40 million dollars in guaranteed money. I think plenty of people here in these financial times would welcome boos for that much money.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

You are literally nuts. If you are taking all of that from what I said, you need to be on meds of some sort. 

Do you know how juvenile and disingenuous that you sound? 

It's ironic that you're suggesting that I'm off my rocker from your response. But, do you!

22 hours ago, joemac said:

If anybody truly thinks Sam is starting over Baker week 1 against Cleveland, they need to re-evaluate many things. They got Baker for the express reason that Sam sucks balls. If they trusted Sam to be the starter, there would be no need to trade for Baker. 

Although you're right I wouldn't be surprised to see Darnald look better with a improved line and real OC. I'm honestly hoping we can trade him for something if he does look good. 

1 hour ago, frankw said:

At the time Sam and Robbie combined were sitting on 40 million dollars in guaranteed money. I think plenty of people here in these financial times would welcome boos for that much money.

Times are tough, but they've always been for many people. The fact that they'd welcome what could be considered hypocrisy or wrong--depending on one's perspective--in order to get paid or having after being paid just shows how off kilter that society has gotten. But that's another discussion that's perhaps more appropriate other forums.

I think that Robbie, just like many athletes, has to literally accept the boos because a portion of folks are going to do it regardless. The issue for some seems to be that he spoke up about it. He called out some fans. To me, he's got a point, but to others he should keep his mouth shut. 

In general, I think that people should remember that athletes are people too (with all types of personalities and experiences). They must remember that fans are too. Just like fans voice their displeasure, athletes are going to do that sometimes as well. It doesn't make either of them bad people.

I could go on, but suffice it to say that I believe in that there are better ways to display your displeasure than booing your own team. 

• Pie 1