• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer on Rhule's job security

Mr. Scot

bringing in McAdoo is less about having a potential successor if Rhule flops again and more about having someone on the staff that can run things if and when they fire their HC. Last two seasons they haven't had anyone with a lot of pro experience that could like just run practices or whatever. 

Now they do. 

Unfortunately the Panthers have a late bye week, and i don't really see the point in firing a guy that late in the season unless you want a couple weeks head start on coaching. 

However there's really nothing stopping Tepper at this point but pride. 

41 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

Tepper was wrong with 3 straight QBs - well, 2 so far - but kept swinging. I think Rhule is gone if we don’t make the playoffs or come real close. 

I think BOA forces Tepper’s hand if the boos return as early as they did last season in Charlotte.    That IMO is Rhule’s battle.  Home wins might be the most important aspect.  His wins if there aren’t a lot are going to need to be slanted at home.  

Tepper has pride, but i believe he wants to build a winner. 

I also believe HE believes in Rhule. I'm sure I know how much most of you hate that he does, but that doesn't matter in the fact that Tepper hired Rhule, and gave him the time to build up a winner.  You may think you've seen enough, but at this point I feel Y'all should enjoy this season as it's going to happen, and I bet not like.many of you predict.  

I pray our line, and our guys remain relatively healthy this year,  I'd be nice to not lose such major pieces, and truly see what this team can do. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Raleigh PF said:

Need to be looking to see if there are any decent college football coaching positions coming open this year. If so, I wouldn't be surprised in Rhule jumped ship before the year is over with McAdoo being handed the reins (at least temporarily). 

AZ State, Nebraska, Auburn, GT, Syracuse, FAU,  UNLV are some of the teams being listed to have hotseat coaches.  

• Pie 1

Just now, Raleigh PF said:

Auburn (SEC) and Nebraska (Big 10) would be intriguing options for any coach. Their names still carry weight.

nebraska is a death sentence and auburn.....could be intriguing but you're never the primary school in the state and are basically always eating scraps since you're surrounded by better programs.

Rhule is gonna be the head coach at Texas someday. 

I wanted him gone last season but I knew he wasn't going anywhere. 

He was brought in for his reputation of building up bad teams... it's always been a three year process for Rhule coached teams. I think at minimum Tepper was going to allow Rhule to coach here for three seasons. No matter the record or projected trajectory of the teams we've fielded these first two years. 

Literally zero chance Rhule didn't get to year just based off his past trends in college. Now next season could be a very different story if we dont atleast get to .500. 

Makes me wonder who would be the scapegoat by mid point if we're still underperforming this season.