• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Training Camp - Friday

Zod

39 minutes ago, CRA said:

Again, I’m talking about how he always mismanages it….every year.  It’s a running theme.  How he goes about that has varied every year.  But the fact he has made a mess of it is the constant.  

Pick a year where he didn’t.  It seems you are suggesting he hasn’t made a mess of it every year.  Again, I’m just betting it continues.  It’s his calling card.  And it always varies how he goes about the mess.  

Really?  How are you arriving to that interpretation?

Yes he has mismanaged the QB situation every year, but I think his mismanagement is a lot simpler and straightforward than you're making it out to be.  His mismanagement has been a result of him bringing in a bad QB to lead this team in back-to-back years.  What is some of this variability you're referring to?  What are some of the other ways he's mismanaged the QB situation beyond simply bringing a bad one in?

I'm the only one here looking at Rhule's history with the QB position and extrapolating that to predict how he handles it this year.  I told you he brought in Teddy in 2020 and started him Week 1, he brought in Sam Darnold in 2021 and started him Week 1, and he brought in Baker Mayfield and is likely to start him Week 1 based on his pattern of behavior thus far.  He consistently brings in a new QB every year when the previous one fails.  Regardless of how much variability you think there is in his mismanagement, that is the one consistent theme with Rhule year after year.  You on the other hand are suggesting Rhule this year is going to do the exact opposite of what he has done the last two years.

4 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

Zilch

Endless attempts at Matt Corral being early humor. People annoyed by it. People complaining when being told it's not funny anymore.

Can't wait to see what the topic is tomorrow that gets everyone bitching.  There can't be many topics about the team left to complain about so it should be challenging. 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Rhule has consistently mismanaged the QB spot horrifically since the day he was hired.   I merely am a suggesting he continues doing what he does.  

I mean pick year.  Any year would sound crazy if called in advance.  That’s just Matt Rhule effect. 

Your idea seems to be that Rhule will sacrifice early season games to start Darnold because he's desperate to buy himself more time by turning to Baker later in the season???? Why not just turn to Baker to save his job in the first place if he's capable of it?

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Your idea seems to be that Rhule will sacrifice early season games to start Darnold because he's desperate to buy himself more time by turning to Baker later in the season???? Why not just turn to Baker to save his job in the first place if he's capable of it?

You are expecting logic from folks who aren't capable 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

17 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Can't wait to see what the topic is tomorrow that gets everyone bitching.  There can't be many topics about the team left to complain about so it should be challenging. 

I've given in a started looking at Twitter. There's a few who cover it and don't try to be experts

• Pie 1