• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers apparently ARE looking to off load Darnold...or maybe not. Tweet removed and report denied.

Panthercougar68

23 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Probably explains the reps he’s getting in camp, trying to get someone to bite.

Call it dumb all you want but at least they are trying.

We were (possibly Seattle?) the only ones to bite on Baker's 5th year option and yet some team out there is going to pick up Sam's?  LOl!

Just now, 45catfan said:

We were (possibly Seattle?) the only ones to bite on Baker's 5th year option and yet some team out there is going to pick up Sam's?  LOl!

The one that Cleveland is gonna pay the majority of? Anyway if we have to eat some of the hit like Cleveland it gets us a pick and a roster spot so I’m hoping that something comes our way. 

17 minutes ago, frankw said:

Wasting valuable reps and time the 1st team offense needs to gel together so we can showcase the worst starting QB of the last several years who has zero future with this team 🥴

Ellis made a good point on that.

No amount of decent to good training camp reps is gonna be enough to erase four years of game tape from the minds of opposing GMs.

"Showcasing" Darnold is basically useless.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

The one that Cleveland is gonna pay the majority of? Anyway if we have to eat some of the hit like Cleveland it gets us a pick and a roster spot so I’m hoping that something comes our way. 

That is some really strong hope there my friend.  I think you are looking at it form the wrong point of view though.  The PANTHERS were not willing to take on more than $5M of Baker's salary and the Browns were not eating over $10M.  That was the major sticking point.  Baker had to eat $3.5M himself (could be made up in incentives) to make the trade work. 

So if we weren't willing to take on more than $5M to acquire Baker, what makes you think we are going to eat ANY of Darnold's contract just to be rid of him.  Also, anything higher than a 6th is a pipe dream.

It's been plainly obvious since we made the deal for awhile that we have moved on from Darnold. The comments coming from the organization as soon as the season ended screamed it. The deal for Mayfield cemented it. This "competition" is and has been a farce. The splitting of reps is idiotic and self defeating. We aren't fooling anyone, especially if we're openly shopping the guy. 

Once again, we're displaying for all to see that this organization is fuging amateur hour.

• Pie 4

13 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

It’s rumored that the Alouettes are willing to part with two barrels at maple syrup and a Dudley Do Right Fathead.

you heard it here first…

A Canadian would never part with their maple syrup.  These rumors have to be fake.  Has Garry Cobb confirmed it yet?

• Pie 1

48 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

So we are fuging up getting baker to speed and corrals development so we can get a 6th or 7th round draft pick.   Rhule is playing 3d chess fellas

Taking reps with the twos isn't hurting Baker.  The two's play.  He needs to develop chemistry with them as well. 

The person being hurt here is Corral who isn't getting as many reps because while we are trying to find a home for Sam, we have 4 QB's. 

We are doing the same thing we did with Teddy, trying to offload the previous QB, just there isn't much of market for Sam. 

Edited by poundaway

55 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

So we are fuging up getting baker to speed and corrals development so we can get a 6th or 7th round draft pick.   Rhule is playing 3d chess fellas

And paying his salary in full. If the Panthers were smart they'd eat Darnold's salary like the Browns did.

At any rate, it explains PJ Walker still getting reps.

The ONLY value that Darnold has right now is if his presence can make Baker better (competition).  I am concerned that Corral is standing around while we sugar coat a dog turd with reps, but that is not my decision. 

I get the feeling that Corral will win the hearts of fans during the preseason.

Edited by MHS831