• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers apparently ARE looking to off load Darnold...or maybe not. Tweet removed and report denied.

Panthercougar68

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

So we are fuging up getting baker to speed and corrals development so we can get a 6th or 7th round draft pick.   Rhule is playing 3d chess fellas

The pick isn't what matters. Hell, we should throw in a 7h round pick! What matters is offloading his salary and cap hit, which we'd take if we cut him.

I have said elsewhere, we should all be rooting for Sam to show out in Training Camp and the Pre-Season so when Stafford's arm doesn't get better, Sam is worth a look.

• Pie 1

Just now, Captroop said:

The pick isn't what matters. Hell, we should throw in a 7h round pick! What matters is offloading his salary and cap hit, which we'd take if we cut him.

I have said elsewhere, we should all be rooting for Sam to show out in Training Camp and the Pre-Season so when Stafford's arm doesn't get better, Sam is worth a look.

For some odd reason media are just ignoring the Stafford thing but National guys are starting to ask questions.

2 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I’ll give him credit he did donate to the charities that Brown fans made the bet with.

also I’m willing to bet that Ben was talking with someone from the national media since they are there today.

To be clear, I'm not saying it isn't true. Heck, it makes sense.

It's just a trust thing. Albright definitely isn't always wrong. He's just wrong frequently enough that I like to see corroboration for some things that he reports.

7 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Lol we are the only trade partners for Sam Darnold

I could see San Francisco making a play for him if we eat a bunch of his salary.  I remember hearing they were interested in him last year.  He could be a good back up to Lance, assuming they dump Jimmy G one of these days. 

Just now, joemac said:

I could see San Francisco making a play for him if we eat a bunch of his salary.  I remember hearing they were interested in him last year.  He could be a good back up to Lance, assuming they dump Jimmy G one of these days. 

Take it with a grain of salt but Florio was talking today that there are durability concerns for Lance coming out of San Fran camp.

1 minute ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Like Stafford?

Good QB to a very well built team. No issue. I think Darnold could be an Andy with a well built team around him. That we do not have. If you put Darnold in Dallas they’d be looking at a deep seed but no win. 

My issue with this team is we are always value as underdogs, such as ourselves, because we build poo rosters 

Stafford issue is he stayed with a poo organization too long because he valued friendship. Stafford is basically Brady junior but that’s besides the point. 

We need to offload Rhule we need to see what Matt can do BEFORE that and use mayfield as a go between.

Im sorry but this organization is ass, and until Rhule wins an owl or is gone I have no interest in conversating pre-game. Regression ducking sucks. 

Just now, Harbingers said:

Good QB to a very well built team. No issue. I think Darnold could be an Andy with a well built team around him. That we do not have. If you put Darnold in Dallas they’d be looking at a deep seed but no win. 

My issue with this team is we are always value as underdogs, such as ourselves, because we build poo rosters 

Stafford issue is he stayed with a poo organization too long because he valued friendship. Stafford is basically Brady junior but that’s besides the point. 

We need to offload Rhule we need to see what Matt can do BEFORE that and use mayfield as a go between.

Im sorry but this organization is ass, and until Rhule wins an owl or is gone I have no interest in conversating pre-game. Regression ducking sucks. 

My bad I should have clarified I mean in the sense that Stafford isn’t healthy right now.

You can only polish a terd so much... we were the only idiots willing to trade for him, now add on even more terrible game play footage from last year and they expect someone to want him now???? 

He won't be in the league after his contract is up. 

We'll have to attach a late rounder and pay most of his contract, which we're paying if we don't trade him anyways.  

Darnold+6th for a 6th, we pay the majority of the contract, but can't still net a gain in cap space if a team is willing to pay 2-5 mil of his option.