• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera fires Sam Mills III

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

His name shouldn't play any role.

With that said, it's not like Ron Rivera has exactly earned the benefit of a doubt when it comes to staffing decisions.

He's the head coach he can hire and fire whoever he wants for any reason he wants, there's no benefit of the doubt needed. Argue whether he should be a HC, sure. But he is.

13 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

I still find it hilarious how you all hate on a two time NFL coach of the year. Look at what is here now. What-everrrrrrr!

This is very valid but 99.9% of the fans here wanted Rivera gone. Be careful what you wish for as they say.

• Beer 2

28 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

I still find it hilarious how you all hate on a two time NFL coach of the year. Look at what is here now. What-everrrrrrr!

Rhule is terrible, but "coach of the year" is nothing special.

Take a look at the last twenty or so winners of that particular award and you'll see why.

31 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

Rivera needed to go.  Sometimes messages become stale and a change of scenery is necessary.  Getting rid of Ron wasn’t the problem, we just replaced him with a trash heap 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

Rivera needed to go.  Sometimes messages become stale and a change of scenery is necessary.  Getting rid of Ron wasn’t the problem, we just replaced him with a trash heap 

Yep, everyone has a window.  Decent coaches too.  Ron is a decent coach.  He just isn't a great coach. 

It's much easier to do worse than Ron Rivera than better.   Same w/ Fox.  I consider them to be the same. 

11 minutes ago, CRA said:

Yep, everyone has a window.  Decent coaches too.  Ron is a decent coach.  He just isn't a great coach. 

It's much easier to do worse than Ron Rivera than better.   Same w/ Fox.  I consider them to be the same. 

Fox and Rivera were very different people, but as coaches they had a lot of the same weaknesses.

Honestly so does Rhule, but without the strengths that Fox and Rivera possessed.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Fox and Rivera were very different people, but as coaches they had a lot of the same weaknesses.

Honestly so does Rhule, but without the strengths that Fox and Rivera possessed.

I mean, Fox and Ron were just decent coaches.  Flawed sure.  But they overall were decent NFL coaches.  Clear strengths and weaknesses. 

Rhule doesn't have a NFL strength IMO.  He has a college one. 

Rhule seem like a Dabo-wannabe.  And Dabo would be a horrible NFL coach.  Dabo's A+ schtick wouldn't work in the NFL.  And Rhule is bringing like a C game college schtick to the NFL. 

• Beer 1