• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers release first depth chart

Jackie Lee

2 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Even the Seahawks listed Geno over Lock, Steelers Trubisky/Rudolph/Pickett in order. The Bozeman/Elflein co-starter is the real kicker for me, so unnecessary 

My week 1 prediction is that we play Bozeman at guard.  Because we are dumb.

• Beer 1

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

Yeah, I even edited it and I just left out "don't," which was on me. Just tired of drives home from work feeling like there's 5 to go at Talladega.

what pisses me off is the people going 30 over in the right lane.... so fuging dangerous. Getting to an exit is more dangerous than running a red light.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Beer 1

Have we ever had a time where we had co starters on our depth chart?

Rhule is such a big P.  Have the fortitude to name who's the starter at this point.  Nothing is written in stone that is the way it will play out.  The QB depth chart is stupid.   Either Baker or Sam, pick one.  Corral is #3.  There is no way we ever cut Corral. 

RB room too Chubby or Foreman.

We sure as hell didn't sign Bozeman to be a backup.  He's clearly the better center.

It's just insane that Rhule doesn't want to hurt anyone feelings as to where they currently stand.

One thing I did see that is interesting.  Kaylon Barnes is ahead of STO.  He could be a steal for such a late round pick. 

4 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Have we ever had a time where we had co starters on our depth chart?

Rhule is such a big P.  Have the fortitude to name who's the starter at this point.  Nothing is written in stone that is the way it will play out.  The QB depth chart is stupid.   Either Baker or Sam, pick one.  Corral is #3.  There is no way we ever cut Corral. 

RB room too Chubby or Foreman.

We sure as hell didn't sign Bozeman to be a backup.  He's clearly the better center.

It's just insane that Rhule doesn't want to hurt anyone feelings as to where they currently stand.

One thing I did see that is interesting.  Kaylon Barnes is ahead of STO.  He could be a steal for such a late round pick. 

Pretty sure I've seen it in prior depth charts, but at those times it may have been legitimate competition.

Elflein vs Bozeman is kinda hard to see is legitimate.

Again, the issue comes down to trust. 

16 hours ago, CRA said:

Well, I am a fan.  My eyeballs tell me Baker is better than Sam and it really isn’t close.   Our coaches see it different.   I concede I don’t look at players like them. 

and I still like Chinn better in the box more given how our run D looks right now on paper.  Folks are going to be running at us and he is a good player even if still raw.  He was a rookie that made a run at DPOY.  We need more playmakers/talent in there mixing it up IMO.   I wouldn’t call it just 2 freak plays either as a rookie. 

Tackle totals by themselves aren't really that great of a stat, even in regards to run defense.  The same year he led the team in tackles, Boston was 3rd, does that mean Boston is great against the run?

What if he made the tackle a yard later than an average player would do?  that's bad, yard sooner?  that's good.  

If you really want to see how stupid this LB vs S argument is go look at his snap counts by position the past two years.