• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Commies GameDay Thread

Zod

3 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I think its very likely Rhule is garbage at talent evaluation, but PJ is a veteran and Corral is not. Corral has a huge learning curve. This is as much about the players around PJ as anything else IMO. I think that's okay for the first preseason game (3 quarters in). I mean, we are JUST now seeing Howell too.

Rhule may suck at evaluating, but I don't think its a big deal PJ is playing right now.  I also don't think this is at all about Darnold's feelings right now - its about the fact Rhule is used to college, and doesn't belong as an NFL head coach.

RE: the OL, yes, there's very weird choices going on there.

I agree it boils down to him just being an amateur that's in over his head and that PJ helps facilitate to the players around him because he's experienced...  but in the same vein, how are they going to properly evaluate Corral in the 4th when he's surrounded by guys who will never be on an active 53 man NFL roster?  So, it's a catch-22.

And again, to be clear, I like PJ and my preferred QB room for the reg season is Baker, Matt, and PJ.  But, this is frustrating...  we drafted Matt in the 3rd round for a reason, and yet, are gonna wait to play him with guys who will all be gone in preseason cuts.