• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Corrall

NAS

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Igo is often extremely hopeful in his player evaluations. 

I was hopeful for Corral too. Then he hit the field. I'm not saying he's a bust or a lost cause but... oh wee mayne. Early returns do not look good.

He has a tweet saying "Corral looking like he belongs. "   I mean i get the optimism but I question if we were watching the same game

1 minute ago, Floppin said:

Like, I get that he's been behind a terrible O-line at the end of both games, but he didn't look good with a better o-line earlier in the game either.

I'm hoping, like everyone else is saying, that it's just due to a lack of reps and whatnot, but I think he's just very very raw and is likely farther away than we all had hoped. I'm not sure than any increased rep load would have made an appreciable difference in his performance for this year at any rate.

That's fair.

My thing is is that I think that some of you are making premature judgments based upon Corral being caught in Rhule's sphere of mishandling the kid, but it's all good. Once he gets better opportunities to work behind better personnel and the game slows down for him, his abilities will begin to show through.  Corral simply hasn't been a priority, and it shows. But, with more time and reps, hopefully it will all come together for him. 

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

if he is this goddamn raw A) wtf are we doing giving up assets to get him when he was in a free fall and B) if he is this goddamn raw why the fug wasnt he getting more work in TC?

A) we didn't really give up "assets" of any real value. A 3rd? Meh. It's a long term play on his underlying talent.

B) I think you answered that question in your question. Because he's that raw. It's going to be a slow process and the staff realized that no matter the amount of reps that he got in TC that he wasn't going to be ready to play this year and to instead focus on those who would? I also think that it's likely that they didn't expect him to be quite this raw and had to adjust. Also, Rhule is kinda dumb.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Floppin said:

B) I think you answered that question in your question. Because he's that raw. It's going to be a slow process and the staff realized that no matter the amount of reps that he got in TC that he wasn't going to be ready to play this year and to instead focus on those who would? I also think that it's likely that they didn't expect him to be quite this raw and had to adjust. Also, Rhule is kinda dumb.

So every other team that drafted a qb figured out a way to get their qbs up to speed but our guy is so far behind its almost a lost cause to think we could do it for this season.  Therein lies an entirely different problem.  But yeah Rhule is kinda dumb

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

So every other team that drafted a qb figured out a way to get their qbs up to speed but our guy is so far behind its almost a lost cause to think we could do it for this season.  Therein lies an entirely different problem.  But yeah Rhule is kinda dumb

Yes, considering the other realities of our qb conundrum, yes.

• Pie 1

Corral looks small and confused, but this isn't the end of his story. He could end up anywhere from a backup or to a starter.

I've been saying all along that we're taking a QB in the 1st round of the 2023 NFL draft, and I still think that is the case. Early on Corral looks like a backup at best. 

3 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

I just skimmed through the last drive he had and I don't see any glaring footage of him getting injured. Did they even mention it live or did PJ just magically appear the next drive?

I saw a slight limp when he was coming off the field, but I think he got rolled up on during the endzone pressure during which Deonte Brown was nearly blocked into Row 2, seat 44.

28 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Corral looked better than he did last week... until he went color blind and started throwing balls directly to Pats DBs.

He looked better, but last week he looked about as bad as you can look.  He has a quick release and he is mobile, but that's about all I see.  Reps and lack of comfort level aside, he's just not very accurate with the football.

• Pie 1