• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Corrall

NAS

Corral doesn't have that one super star ability that he can fall back on to get him through while he develops. Which is fine he still has the talent to develop into a very good QB but he's not like Cam where from day 1 defenses had to worry about his size and speed. 

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

That's a good point..

In the 2nd qrt where Matt looked decent he was going against Pat's starters with all 3rd string players..

Yeah and look what happen to PJ when he went in with the 4s. It was even worse… One could argue he is already better than PJ (which isn’t saying much). 

• Pie 3

I hate to toot my horn but I'm really good at spotting NFL QB talent. Matt Corral does not have it.

This is coming from someone who was rooting him on, had his picture as my avatar, I work next to his HS Oaks Christian (yay Jimmy Clausen) and live in Ventura, CA (his home town).

he does not have it, I don't care about his oline or supporting cast.

bummer.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Just now, GOAT said:

I hate to toot my horn but I'm really good at spotting NFL QB talent. Matt Corral does not have it.

This is coming from someone who was rooting him on, had his picture as my avatar, I work next to his HS Oaks Christian (yay Jimmy Clausen) and live in Ventura, CA (his home town).

he does not have it, I don't care about his oline or supporting cast.

bummer.

What makes you think he doesn’t have it? A preseason game against one of the best coaches where his starters went against our 3rd stringers? 

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, NAS said:

I would trust him more in a live game than Sam Darnold. At least the kid isn’t afraid to stand in the pocket

You may be right. But if I had to chose between keeping 3 QBs or just 2 QBs and IRing Corral for the roster spot I would chose that.

Rhule is not going to only keep Mayfield and Corral. And if we keep 2 I don't see a lot of difference between Darnold or Walker.

IMO, if Baker doesn't play well, this season is a bust regardless. I still think there are good things about Corral that can be developed, and he hasn't been out there with a lot of guys that will be on NFL rosters, but his performances in these games don't look like a guy who will be ready to contribute in year 1.

• Beer 1

Just now, ncstatekwi said:

What if Matt Corral to IR and PJ plays entire 3rd Preseason game to see what we have in him….🤣😂😳

You will get a clue how much playing time PJ will get from the joint practices with the Bills this week.

Rhule better name his starter by the beginning the first practice next week.  Enough of this competition stuff. 

As far as I'm concerned he can go ahead and cut both PJ and Sam. Spend the rest of preseason getting Baker and Matt ready for the season. 

Just now, ForJimmy said:

What makes you think he doesn’t have it? A preseason game against one of the best coaches where his starters went against our 3rd stringers? 

he looks confused and frantic. it's funny that he went to Oaks like Jimmy, they really do look a lot a like. That release is nice but when you're just gunning it at people that arent ready or finished with their route, it just looks like you're way off target.

the one play that really told me he wasn't an NFL QB was against the redskins when he was getting sacked and tried to get rid of it which resulted in a fumble. He got bailed out by a penalty.

I'm bummed, I was really rooting him on trust.

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

he looks confused and frantic. it's funny that he went to Oaks like Jimmy, they really do look a lot a like. That release is nice but when you're just gunning it at people that arent ready or finished with their route, it just looks like you're way off target.

the one play that really told me he wasn't an NFL QB was against the redskins when he was getting sacked and tried to get rid of it which resulted in a fumble. He got bailed out by a penalty.

Haha you sound ridiculous. Basing your entire projection on one play.  Cam did that crap many times. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

I’ve watched Mahomes and Cam try to get rid of balls on sacks that result in fumbles. I guess they aren’t/weren’t NFL QBs. A rookie with no reps, no time, and no weapons that create separation was confused and frantic? No way. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

14 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I don't think a handful of reps is going to teach Matt Corral how to play QB.  I'm not sure the approach of drafting an athlete and teaching him how to play QB has ever worked.  A guy has to have a certain baseline to even have a chance to blossom into a good QB.  There's the mental side of the game with reading the field and making the right decisions.  But there's also the issue that he's not very accurate with the football.

Man this is a bad take. There’s a difference between great athletes playing pretend QB and good quarterback who are also great athletes. Darnold is the first, elite physical tools who just doesn’t have it (even had the same issues at USC where his physical traits masked it). Corral is to be determined but what he did in the SEC is more impressive than Darnolds career. More yards, higher completion pct, better yards per pass avg, same amount of TDs all in a conference with way more NFL ready defenses. 

just flat out wrong to dismiss him already as an athlete who just happens to play QB. 

• Pie 3

8 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

Corral doesn't have that one super star ability that he can fall back on to get him through while he develops. Which is fine he still has the talent to develop into a very good QB but he's not like Cam where from day 1 defenses had to worry about his size and speed. 

Exactly. I just don’t see these special “physical” traits everyone else is seeing. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, RJK said:

Exactly. I just don’t see these special “physical” traits everyone else is seeing. 

Not sure why people don’t believe having one of the fastest releases in the past few years isn’t considered a physical trait. I mean Cam was a massive DE with WR speed and a howitzer laser arm so I get we are spoiled but come on lol 

dudes not Kirk Cousins/Alex Smith level 

• Beer 1