• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How did Ekwonu look?

Carl Spackler

13 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Short term I'd agree, this was always the case even pre draft, he has the tools though to be an elite LT eventually not sure why people are pooing this post.

Still think our best line for THIS YEAR (had to bold so I don’t get poo’d on) would be:

LT - Christensen

LG - Ekwonu

C - Bozeman

RG - Corbett

RT - Moton

Just imagine CMC running behind a pulling Ickey.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 6
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Still think our best line for THIS YEAR (had to bold so I don’t get poo’d on) would be:

LT - Christensen

LG - Ekwonu

C - Bozeman

RG - Corbett

RT - Moton

I agree with this 100% and BC is the only one who isn't also an absolute road grader....

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

LT - Christensen

LG - Ekwonu

C - Bozeman

RG - Corbett

RT - Moton

Pretty sure John Ellis said Ekwonu hasn’t taken a single rep at guard in camp. Switch Christensen and Ekwonu and I’d agree with you. 

10 minutes ago, Sir Big Spurr said:

Pretty sure John Ellis said Ekwonu hasn’t taken a single rep at guard in camp. Switch Christensen and Ekwonu and I’d agree with you. 

I don’t think he has either but I think this year he’s built to have immediate success as a guard while he learns how to deal with edge rushers who have elite speed. Don’t think it will happen but that’s okay. As long as Elflein and Jordan aren’t trotted out as starters on day one I’ll be happy.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

LT - Christensen

LG - Ekwonu

C - Bozeman

RG - Corbett

RT - Moton

Agree with this 

• Pie 1

I read that someone said, "Well, he got beat one play, but all Tackles do" or something to that effect.  I agree, but maybe once or twice per game.  When you give up one bad play and you were only in the game for eight plays or so, that really is not the best defense.  I think he will be fine, but he will have growing pains.

To me, Sewell (Lions) was the best, most sure-fire OT to come out of college in a decade.  He struggled for a half season or more.  So we will see.

• Beer 1

He is not ready to start at LT at this point.  Not sure how long it will take.  He is just not recognizing where to be and who to pick up at this point.  Many more reps needed and films to watch.

Sewell is now a RT, or at least that is where they played him in their preseason game

Edited by stirs

1 hour ago, Pakmeng said:

The day he was drafted it was stated by team media that he was expected to be the RT.

Sewell is expected to slot into the open right tackle spot, which should really solidify Detroit's offensive line for years to come. With Taylor Decker (left tackle), Jonah Jackson (left guard), Frank Ragnow (center), Halapoulivaati Vaitai (right guard) and Sewell likely at right tackle, Detroit's offensive line will be talented, young and arguably their top position group heading into the 2021 season.

https://www.detroitlions.com/news/penei-sewell-nfl-draft-offensive-lineman-oregon

I stand corrected.  All the talking heads stuff I listen to should be taken with a grain of salt.  Sewell taking over during Decker hand injury had many saying that he belongs on left side where he was drafted to be and why he was drafted so high.  But yeah, Decker seems much better suited for left side and with his contract, the LIons look to be good to go.  Actually, I am pulling for the Lions a bit.  Like their coach