• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you get deke'd by sam howell

RumHam

40 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

Some of us advocated for giving him a look. Imagine being able to keep CMC, Moore, all our draft picks and have Howell starting behind a refined O-line. We win the South this year and are deep playoff contenders. No question.

Can’t disagree with you here. I think trading CMC (as much as it hurt) was the right move due to his price tag and his misuse on offense. But trading away draft assets and DJ Moore (who’s going to pulverize our injury-riddled D on Thursday - blood n guts 2.0) for any rookie QB with our poorly constructed roster is turning out to be one of worse decisions in franchise history.

Just underscores the importance of having competent people running things, which we haven’t had in awhile. Having an smart owner who with more patience and less meddling wouldn’t hurt either.

#2 trending toward #1. 

Screenshot_20231107-145941.thumb.png.da79d8740cef2ccab6539d2c29afb01c.png

Not a soul here can claim I didn't try to tell y'all.

Go find me a more accurate pre-draft breakdown than this

Biggest strength:

- Physically, it's throwing the deep ball. He throws an accurate very catchable deep ball. Don't get triggered by these names, but in terms of the style of deep ball he throws think Russell Wilson or Aaron Rodgers. He has an ability to throw a ball that somehow both has a lot of air under it yet doesn't get "floaty" giving safeties a chance to make a great break on it.

- Mentally, it's his competitive fire and ability to stay even keel. The guy is willing to do whatever it takes to give his team a chance and he doesn't get rattled or frustrated when the game isn't going well or the OL is getting blown up or receivers are dropping balls.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

#2 trending toward #1. 

Screenshot_20231107-145941.thumb.png.da79d8740cef2ccab6539d2c29afb01c.png

Not a soul here can claim I didn't try to tell y'all.

Go find me a more accurate pre-draft breakdown than this

Biggest strength:

- Physically, it's throwing the deep ball. He throws an accurate very catchable deep ball. Don't get triggered by these names, but in terms of the style of deep ball he throws think Russell Wilson or Aaron Rodgers. He has an ability to throw a ball that somehow both has a lot of air under it yet doesn't get "floaty" giving safeties a chance to make a great break on it.

- Mentally, it's his competitive fire and ability to stay even keel. The guy is willing to do whatever it takes to give his team a chance and he doesn't get rattled or frustrated when the game isn't going well or the OL is getting blown up or receivers are dropping balls.

Howell can play. Period. We should have taken Josh Downs over Drop-a-ton Dingo as well. 

Will be saying the same poo next year when they pass on Cedric Gray in the second or third round and take some scrub LB from UCLA or Rutgers. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Prowler2k18 said:

Can’t disagree with you here. I think trading CMC (as much as it hurt) was the right move due to his price tag and his misuse on offense. But trading away draft assets and DJ Moore (who’s going to pulverize our injury-riddled D on Thursday - blood n guts 2.0) for any rookie QB with our poorly constructed roster is turning out to be one of worse decisions in franchise history.

Just underscores the importance of having competent people running things, which we haven’t had in awhile. Having an smart owner who with more patience and less meddling wouldn’t hurt either.

CMC’s deal was east to afford. SF got 4 years out of him at a little over $10M per. It was very reasonable for us as well considering the sunk costs were gone.

I was fine with the trade itself because I was assuming we were actually doing a rebuild. Nope. We decided a 1st (pick 15) from GB wasn’t enough for Moore and two 1sts and a 2nd was not enough for Burns. In 19 games with ST (basically 18 as he barely played his first), CMC has 2154 yards and 23 TDs. We only have 12 offensive TDs this year.

If we traded CMC, Moore and Burns last season knowing we weren’t competing for until rookie QB’s 3rd/4th year. I would have said sweet to saving/rolling over $120M in cap for 2025/2026 and having 2 1sts in 2023, 2024 and 2025 and 2 extra 2nds in 2023. Instead we trade the guy who saves us the least cap, is the most elite at his position of the 3 and got us the least return in draft picks. Well, we ended up getting way less for Moore in the Young trade than GB offered but that’s because Fitt is a horrible GM.

• Pie 3

Just now, WhoKnows said:

I was fine with the trade itself because I was assuming we were actually doing a rebuild. Nope. We decided a 1st (pick 15) from GB wasn’t enough for Moore and two 1sts and a 2nd was not enough for Burns. In 19 games with ST (basically 18 as he barely played his first), CMC has 2154 yards and 23 TDs. We only have 12 offensive TDs this year.

We should have made all of those trades and taken this franchise to the studs.  Thats a lot of draft capital to move up and down with to build a team. 

• Beer 1

18 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

We should have made all of those trades and taken this franchise to the studs.  Thats a lot of draft capital to move up and down with to build a team. 

Yep. If you do that, CMC should be gone but we only made the one move that got us the least and then tossed in Moore for way less to get the Young deal done.

We half assed it as usual and did it all wrong.

I will never understand this Howell talk.

Must be a Carolina thing because literally nobody thinks Howell will be a franchise QB in the Nat'l media. Good middle of the pack QB nothing more. I can see why you guys like mediocre QB's. It's a trend im noticing we hate elite QB's aka Lamar Jackson but love the middle of the pack QB's Howell/Carr.

25 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I will never understand this Howell talk.

Must be a Carolina thing because literally nobody thinks Howell will be a franchise QB in the Nat'l media. Good middle of the pack QB nothing more. I can see why you guys like mediocre QB's. It's a trend im noticing we hate elite QB's aka Lamar Jackson but love the middle of the pack QB's Howell/Carr.

Who the hell loves Carr?  I also see a lot of people pissed we didn't go for Lamar when he was tagged and I agree.  

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Who the hell loves Carr?  I also see a lot of people pissed we didn't go for Lamar when he was tagged and I agree.  

Check themultiple Derek Carr threads we had in the offseason. I can't name them all but there was a good amount of people who preferred we go after Carr because he was cheaper than Lamar.

13 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Check themultiple Derek Carr threads we had in the offseason. I can't name them all but there was a good amount of people who preferred we go after Carr because he was cheaper than Lamar.

Carr is just a JAG QB.  Nothing special.  Yeah he is cheaper than Lamar for a reason, but I don't think anyone on here thinks he is great.  People were concerned about Lamar's injury history and cost of his contract, but outside of that I don't think many will say Carr is better than Lamar.  

Big time wrong about him.

* I did also say (few times) I was all for using the 5th rounder on him, even after the trade up for corral. You got to keep trying until you find the "guy". But the panthers traded up for cut LB Brandon Smith and lost that 5th that washington used the same panthers pick to draft howell......kill me.

Washington uses their 1st on RGKnee and their 4th on cousins..... One was still playing at a high level this year and the other has been a taking espn head.

The sad part is I dont think the panthers should stop looking....