• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2nd and 3rd string expected most tmrw night

Panthers Fan 69

17 hours ago, CRA said:

Rhule said he wasn't playing his starters and that he wouldn't make an annoucnement on QB until after the Patriots game.  

So I assume that means you don't see Baker or Sam. 

This is the dunbassery we have grown to hate. 

1 minute ago, Donald LaFell said:

I guess it kind of feels like they should already know? I’m just a fan but it feels off. 

It is a bit unusual for us to have this issue but it's better than the alternative. 

Baker really did have to prove himself here, that I agree with.  He has struggled a bit so it was wise to see it through even though we knew what the outcome would be. 

Even though I am not a fan of Rhule he is doing the right thing with Baker. He needed an attitude adjustment if he was going to be  here and he's getting it. Hopefully it pays off for us.

Now what to do with PJ and Sam is another story.  I'm curious to see how Rhule handles that.

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It is a bit unusual for us to have this issue but it's better than the alternative. 

Baker really did have to prove himself here, that I agree with.  He has struggled a bit so it was wise to see it through even though we knew what the outcome would be. 

Even though I am not a fan of Rhule he is doing the right thing with Baker. He needed an attitude adjustment if he was going to be  here and he's getting it. Hopefully it pays off for us.

Now what to do with PJ and Sam is another story.  I'm curious to see how Rhule handles that.

Not sure if Walker is PS eligible but if he is I think he’ll be on it for certain. 

'm personally hoping that PJ Walker has a good game and puts up solid numbers and protects the football.you know he's going to be cut so yeah why not root for him to have a big game and garner the attention of a team in need for depth at Qb

1 hour ago, Donald LaFell said:

Not sure if Walker is PS eligible but if he is I think he’ll be on it for certain. 

13 minutes ago, CRA said:

he is eligible under the new rules.  

Which means we will still have 4 QBs at practice. Once the season starts, almost all the reps go to the starter, and the rest to the backup. I fear this means Corral's lack of reps will continue throughout the regular season and he will not get much development this year.

[Edit to add : this is assuming we don't cut or trade one of the QBs]

Edited by trueblade

1 minute ago, trueblade said:

Which means we will still have 4 QBs at practice. Once the season starts, almost all the reps go to the starter, and the rest to the backup. I fear this means Corral's lack of reps will continue throughout the regular season and he will not get much development this year.

I'm not as anti-PJ as some here.  That said, he makes zero sense to be on our roster though given what and where we are.  We certainly shouldn't be dedicating so much work for him just to be auditioning for other teams.   

Just now, CRA said:

I'm not as anti-PJ as some here.  That said, he makes zero sense to be on our roster though given what and where we are.  We certainly shouldn't be dedicating so much work for him just to be auditioning for other teams.   

It makes sense if he's the best backup option we have on the team at the moment.  Seems there's not much trust in Sam to be the guy to be a backup much less starter.

It also appears that McAdoo is the one driving the audition experiment with PJ. All the reps for PJ in these games are starting to make sense if that is truly what they are up to.

• Pie 1