• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BS: IF There's A Team That COULD Be This Year's Version Of The 2021 Bengals, It's The Carolina Panthers

TheCasillas

1 hour ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Tell me again how they are always spot on?

I mean they generally are spot on.  The goal of the line isn’t to actually get it right.  It’s for the masses to be equally split on what might happen.  7 seems about perfect.   Hard to argue going over or under 7 right now.  

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I said "for the most part" I sure as hell said there were not 100%,  I clearly indicted there were exceptions to the rules.  But for the most part they are pretty accurate

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2021-nfl-win-totals-odds-predictions-best-bets-proven-expert-picks-under-six-wins-for-jets/

feel free to cross reference here

@mrcompletely11 has a point with this data. One thing to note though, "vegas" was off by 2 or more wins on 14 teams, or nearly half the league. In many cases, that didn't make much difference, the Panthers, Jags, Lions, Giants etc as they were all bottom tier teams and vegas had that part right, just the positioning is all wrong.

This 2 win differences make a much bigger difference in the middle and top half, where playoff positioning matters. My opinion, there is a much bigger difference between 10-7 and 8-9, compared to 5-12 and 3-14.

All in all though, it's impressive the accuracy is at least ballpark. The Bengals are the only real outlier and the others with a greater than 2 win difference were mostly bottom tier teams. They were projected to be garbage so that part was accurate.

23 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

One season of data that just by glass is 50/50...

I'll import a larger data set and use an excel SQL spreadsheet to break it down for you over a larger sample size.

This is also correct. More data is needed. Like 10 years or more.

Edited by Luciu5
  • Flames 1

16 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

@mrcompletely11 has a point with this data. One thing to note though, "vegas" was off by 2 or more wins on 14 teams, or nearly half the league. In many cases, that didn't make much difference, the Panthers, Jags, Lions, Giants etc as they were all bottom tier teams and vegas had that part right, just the positioning is all wrong.

This 2 win differences make a much bigger difference in the middle and top half, where playoff positioning matters. My opinion, there is a much bigger difference between 10-7 and 8-9, compared to 5-12 and 3-14.

All in all though, it's impressive the accuracy is at least ballpark. The Bengals are the only real outlier and the others with a greater than 2 win difference were mostly bottom tier teams. They were projected to be garbage so that part was accurate.

This is also correct. More data is needed. Like 10 years or more.

The article in op was in comparison to the Bengals of last year. Suddenly it’s hijacked by the same rhetoric…

3 hours ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Frankw rippadon just to add another few. 

I haven't entered the thread yet and I'm already in your head. Amusing. But I would be thrilled if Baker leads us to the playoffs. First I need to see this coaching staff field an OL that isn't bottom of the league though.

15 hours ago, The Natural said:

There are posters here who I honestly think would be angry if we had a good season.

This is the unfortunate truth.

A lot of resident shitposters find comfort in being angry since that's their default state of existing. Pointing it out to them just gets that weirdo "Why are you complaining about complaining, I know you are but what am I" response. It is almost as if they have to gaslight others into being as enraged and miserable as they are.

It is what it is. Just put those posters on the ignore list and let them drown with the other sad bois.

Edited by Icege