• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker be starting

uncfan888

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The majority of teams' QBs definitely do not get hurt. He said "majority".

Let's see, in 2021 the following starters missed games due to injury or COVID. I'm not counting sitting out due to playoff position at the end of the season. 

-----

Jalen Hurts (Philadelphia Eagles): 1 game

Kirk Cousins (Minnesota Vikings): 1 game

Jimmy Garoppolo (San Francisco 49ers): 2 games

Teddy Bridgewater (Denver Broncos): 3 games

Kyler Murray (Arizona Cardinals): 3 games

Russell Wilson (Seattle Seahawks): 3 games

Jared Goff (Detroit Lions): 3 games

Zack Wilson (New York Jets): 3 games

Baker Mayfield (Cleveland Browns): 3 games

Tua Tagovailoa (Miami Dolphins): 4 games

Lamar Jackson (Baltimore Ravens): 5 games

Sam Darnold (Carolina Panthers): 5 games

Daniel Jones (New York Giants): 6 games

Jameis Winston (New Orleans Saints): 10 games

There were 2 teams that had a dual QB situation. Houston with Davis Mills and Tyrod Taylor, Chicago with Andy Dalton and Justin Fields. Both teams had their starter also miss time due to injury, whichever you consider the starter. 

The other 16 teams had their starter play the entire season.

----

So as you can see, there were 14 to 16 starting QBs missed games in 2021. I don't fault Matt Rhule for the comment after looking through the data. Around half the league's starting QB's missed time last year, including the two top QB's on the Panthers this season. I think it's very likely we will see Darnold start at least a game or two this season unfortunately.

• Pie 6

29 minutes ago, CRA said:

Sounds like you need to go lecture the clowns who had a pointless QB battle that lasted all the way until today. 

Baker has had one preseason drive and it included a botched snap with whoever at C with an OL he may or may not be playing together come week 1.  This should of been done in Spartanburg. 

correct and easy, isn’t obvious with Matt Rhule.  Hence why this thread has to exist. 

Again, it sounds like the only person the "pointless QB battle" fooled was you.  I can think Matt Rhule makes questionable decisions and still think that Matt Rhule isn't going to cut Brian Burns tomorrow.  But somehow I wouldn't be surprised if you started making that claim lol.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Again, it sounds like the only person the "pointless QB battle" fooled was you.  I can think Matt Rhule makes questionable decisions and still think that Matt Rhule isn't going to cut Brian Burns tomorrow.  But somehow I wouldn't be surprised if you started making that claim lol.

I mean, your projection game needs work in all honestly. 

1 hour ago, Cleveland said:

Cleveland is the 216 area code .. Cavs won it all in 2016 .. Indians win AL in 2016

Baker faces former team Cleveland 216 days from his birthday .. or 7 months 4 days .. this is CLE's 74th season .. CLE opening 74th season in the 704 .. perfect scripts

bak.jpg.c74a5e7050720f9d39b713f7d5832480.jpg

SCIENCE!

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I mean, your projection game needs work in all honestly. 

I can only assume you don't understand what the word "projection" means cause that literally made zero sense.

How many people think Rhule is dumb and a bad coach and makes horrible decisions? Probably >85% of these boards.

How many people predicted Matt Rhule was going to start Sam Darnold Week 1? Just you.

It's okay to admit you have silly takes sometimes lol.  Even your like-minded compatriots didn't wanna touch that one.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

"The reality of this league is most teams will play multiple quarterbacks."

What in the fug is this 🤡 talking about?

I mean he's not wrong, 21 different teams last year started at least 2 QBs, every single team "played" multiple QBs. Granted a couple of those may have been guys sitting out the last game intentionally. But odds are your backup will have to see some time. Still don't understand people getting upset over coachspeak like this.

Edited by t96
  • Pie 4

8 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

I can only assume you don't understand what the word "projection" means cause that literally made zero sense.

How many people think Rhule is dumb and a bad coach and makes horrible decisions? Probably >85% of these boards.

How many people predicted Matt Rhule was going to start Sam Darnold Week 1? Just you.

It's okay to admit you have silly takes sometimes lol.  Even your like-minded compatriots didn't wanna touch that one.

I mean, this is no longer fun buddy.  I knocked your projection game for the painfully bad Brian Burns remark.    That's not where Rhule gets in his own way and the decisions he mindboggling struggles with.  Nor how I knock him.  He knows CMC is good.  He knows DJ is good.  He knows Burns is good.  He can figure out the super studs.    You ever heard me claim Rhule couldn't figure that out?  Nah.  

Rhule struggles w/ the tiers of players that fall under superstar.  The Teddy B tier.  The Sam Darnold tier.  The Baker tier.   The PJ tier.    That's probably 3 different tiers of players those 4 fall in.  Maybe 2.  

I predicted Rhule would do something dumb with players that fell in some of those tiers.  I might of guessed wrong but it was rooted in Matt Rhule's tenure as a HC.  

Silly, is your stance that Matt Rhule shouldn't be doubted and questioned.   Again, the bar is on the ground and I concede he thankfully walked over it.   Maybe he can keep baby stepping and dig himself out of the hole he rightfully should be viewed in currently. 

13 minutes ago, t96 said:

I mean he's not wrong, 21 different teams last year started at least 2 QBs, every single team "played" multiple QBs. Granted a couple of those may have been guys sitting out the last game intentionally. But odds are your backup will have to see some time. Still don't understand people getting upset over coachspeak like this.

Matt Rhule could say all the stupid poo he wanted if he won games and no one would care.

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Matt Rhule could say all the stupid poo he wanted if he won games and no one would care.

True.   

I'm a Clemson fan.  You think Dabo's nonsense would come off well if we wasn't on some massive great run?  Clemson fans would tire real quick if Clemson was winning 6 games each season under him lol. 

But he wins 10 games every year and has Clemson competing for Nattys.  So it's funny and we laugh that it pisses others off. 

• Pie 4