• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold’s job was to What?!

ncfan

So while this whole dam QB Competition Charade dragged on.

apparently Darnold’s job was to……..

Wait

“to support Baker, and help him get ready.”

So why the heck did we drag this crap out.  Those reps that Mayfield could’ve had with the 1st string WR and OL would’ve nice and helpful.

1 minute ago, MasterAwesome said:

“It is what it is. And for me right now, I’m going to do everything that I can to support Baker and get him ready to play…”.

/thread

That was either an incredibly disingenuous misinterpretation of a tweet, or you have a woeful lack of critical thinking ability.

Since the huddle needs Rhule hate thread #7,945; we need to turn this into another one......

• Beer 2

Yeah, they're saying that's his job moving forward.

But that being said, I still agree the competition wad a charade and Rhule really missed the boat when it came to reps and getting guys in the best position to compete and be ready for the regular season.  I trust Baker will be fine and the next week or two of practice will be good enough, but it would've been nice if he had been getting all of the time already lost to develop more chemistry with the 1s.  But again, it'll be fine.

But I think this is as good of a time as any to point out, that for all of his flaws as a gameday strategist, manager, etc., I think delegating reps, roles, and preparing guys for their roles may be Rhule's biggest weakness.  The flipping and flopping has really hurt our team as a whole since he's been here.  This goes all the way back to his first season with the Whitehead fiasco.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Yeah, they're saying that's his job moving forward.

But that being said, I still agree the competition wad a charade and Rhule really missed the boat when it came to reps and getting guys in the best position to compete and be ready for the regular season.  I trust Baker will be fine and the next week or two of practice will be good enough, but it would've been nice if he had been getting all of the time already lost to develop more chemistry with the 1s.  But again, it'll be fine.

But I think this is as good of a time as any to point out, that for all of his flaws as a gameday strategist, manager, etc., I think delegating reps, roles, and preparing guys for their roles may be Rhule's biggest weakness.  The flipping and flopping has really hurt our team as a whole since he's been here.  This goes all the way back to his first season with the Whitehead fiasco.

Rhule was out there today acknowledging chemistry issues.  We keep seeing botched Baker snaps under C.   

I mean, yeah, Baker goes quick.  All our Cs need as much time with out new starter as possible to get it down.  Instead we had Sam taking starter reps 

• Pie 1