• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Video of Kenny Robinson's hit + celebration vs. Kristian Wilkerson

Icege

3 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

He's looking behind him. In the slomo it gets blurrier but now that you know where to look watch reg speed. You can see he's looking back and you can see Kenny target him. Everybody else sees it except you and coffee. 

Kenny is still in front of him. Where the opponent is looking doesn't make a hit illegal or not. It's a legal hit. There's a reason he's still on the roster after Rhule said it's possible he could get cut from this. 

6 minutes ago, Fright said:

Kenny is still in front of him. Where the opponent is looking doesn't make a hit illegal or not. It's a legal hit. There's a reason he's still on the roster after Rhule said it's possible he could get cut from this. 

Definitely not a legal hit. Kenny lowered his helmet and made contact with it.

Unnecessary Roughness as defined by the NFL in article 8(g): If a player uses any part of his helmet (including the top/crown and forehead/hairline parts) or facemask to butt, spear, or ram an opponent violently or unnecessarily.

He looked down for a full second, saw that he was out, and then celebrated.

Been a big KRob supporter myself, but this was dirty on his part.

Edited by Icege

it's dirty to do that hit on a guy when he's in training camp, presumably trying to earn a spot. during the season, these players are on rosters and are getting game checks. everybody knows that anything can happen in a game.

when you're literally practicing, that's not the time to send a message. I get that emotions were high already and there likely was some back and forth, but there has to be some sort of professional respect on a basic level here.

the hit itself could have been made without knocking the player out. they were playing at "thud" tempo, meaning bump into somebody and that's the extent of contact. I guess that's kind of the bottom line for me.

Edited by vorbis

I'll try one more time. this is less slow and I think it's clearer. You can definitely see him turn his head and at contact Kenny is at his back even though the guy was running forward. That means he's looking backwards. If he wasn't, Kenny's hit should be in his chest as he was running straight at him and he would have made some type of move to defend himself which he doesn't because he doesn't see it coming. 

I swear, when I stop the video on the hit I can't see helmet to helmet.  It looks to me like Kenny's shoulder to Wilkerson's shoulder.  Wilkerson is inexplicably looking away.  I see a clean hit that knocked him out because it caught him totally unaware.  

It's certainly fuzzy enough to understand why others see it differently.  It's one thing for us to search through a grainy video to determine what we think, but I'll bow to the refs on site.  Again, does anyone know if they threw a flag on this?

Based on the video, it looks like the guy that got hit is looking/angled to the left while the ball is to the right. If he is that oblivious to not know where the ball is at despite everyone else on the field going right, he probably shouldn't be playing special teams...

That being said, Robinson is a moron for celebrating that hit when the guy was laying on the ground hurt.

Didn't the Patriots players even say it was a clean hit and the hit wasn't the problem? 

I mean, he celebrated over a downed guy.  But it was also quick and he walked on.  Hard to say he knew the extent of the injury in the moment.  But it's a bad look in hindsight. 

• Beer 1

18 hours ago, CRA said:

Didn't the Patriots players even say it was a clean hit and the hit wasn't the problem? 

I mean, he celebrated over a downed guy.  But it was also quick and he walked on.  Hard to say he knew the extent of the injury in the moment.  But it's a bad look in hindsight. 

Yes, their captain and special teams ace, Matthew Slater.

What in the world am I seeing? Pre-season or not, if I am not a lock for the 53-man roster, you damn right I'm gonna be out there going 200%, 200 mph trying to put anything on film that will earn me a spot. Clearly Kenny Robinson will not sniff the field for us defensively.

But if this was not a time for him to go hard, wtf did both teams decide to run the drill. Definitely didn't need it for a joint a practice if you didn't want to see them go balls to the wall against another team. 

The only bad thing was that a player got knocked out in an environment that was hostile throughout the day. I'm sure he wanted to deliver a blow, and he did, but Robinson is also 6'2". The Patriots player should have, and probably saw the hit coming. Of he wasn't looking then he probably was looking for the hit from somewhere else and just looked the wrong way. 

I'm not mad at Robinson for celebrating because it could be his only time to shine. Takes me back to the cut block on Thibedeau, or however you spell it. He was not expecting the cut block, but he also had the wrong reaction to the cut block. He turned his body and folded. He was supposed to place his hands on shoulder pads and keep the cut block away from his body/legs. I know because I'm a defensive lineman lol.....That is all.