• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nobody is talking about this..

WOW!!

It's become clear that last years coddling Darnold and Rhule "Not wanting to give away any plays" during preseason games was more about having no fuging plan in the first place. They had like 6 plays in the bag and every team knew them by week 4. Apparently McAdoo has an all you can eat menu with almost too many options, will make potentially adding a reserve QB a little more challenging, It'll have to be a vet like Matt Barkley/Hoyer/etc if we end up needing one

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

The Bills got very aggressive sending pressure, and I always like to see a screen mixed into the calls here and there in that case. Sure enough we gashed them on a screen. Glad to see we actually react to what is happening now; unlike last season when we ran plays no matter what the opposing defense was doing.

One thing that was clear cut was just how bad Sam is at reading the field. Has hasn't improved at all. What a waste of money and draft capital. He's only decisive when he sees a check down open, or it's a designed QB run. I had forgotten how much I hated watching him play. I'd rather watch PJ and that's saying something.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

40 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

It's become clear that last years coddling Darnold and Rhule "Not wanting to give away any plays" during preseason games was more about having no fuging plan in the first place. They had like 6 plays in the bag and every team knew them by week 4. Apparently McAdoo has an all you can eat menu with almost too many options, will make potentially adding a reserve QB a little more challenging, It'll have to be a vet like Matt Barkley/Hoyer/etc if we end up needing one

I mean after what we have seen from darnold

in 1.2 seasons… no wonder we were hiding/coddling him. Rhule def thought he could turn trash into treasure. Wrong. 

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Mcadoo is a Chinese buffet. Brady was mcdinalds right when COVID hit and all they sold were cheeseburgers and nuggets.

• Beer 2

7 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Even as vanilla as it is in preseason.. I can see the Playcalling on offense will be much better.. Especially since the Turner family left with Ron.. Route combination that make sense.. Smart use of screen plays.. Still trying to run the ball even if it didn't work.. Looks like Mcadoo know what to do when a team decides to blitz instead of 5 and 7 steps drops..

It's nice to have experienced coaching..

Mcadoo is the best OC Baker Mayfield has ever had.... If and I know its a big if.... BM and CMC stay healthy this could be a good-great year on offense.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

It's a good thing we will only get to deal with Sam Delusional for one more season (THIS season)...

...hopefully with him holding a clipboard on the sidelines ALL SEASON LONG (provided he comes back from injury).

(though with this O-Line and f'n turf, I'm not so confident)

edit :  Oh...PJ is still on this team?  Bless his heart.

Edited by glenwo2

Love the routes on this drive. Safety was split deciding between Tremble and Shi, either one could have scored. Higgins wide open for a 1st down if the TD looks weren't there. I know it's almost a scramble drill but everyone seemed to know their 2nd level spot if the O-line bought them time

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1