• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corral vs the rest of the rookie field

micnificent28

7 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I think the chances of that happening are fairly low, TBH. The schedule doesn't look like that will be an easy task and this is a very thin roster at some very critical positions. 

It may take a Hurculean effort from Baker to drag us to a winning record.

I just hope Baker doesn't get hurt pushing the issue.  He appears a QB that will carry it on his shoulders if need be.

• Beer 1

The best QB from the 2022 rookie field did not get drafted and will not be on an NFL roster in 2022.

This happens at the QB position 3 out of every 10 seasons. How front offices miss on the QB position for 6 decades is beyond me. It seems so simple if you don't go by draft/combine value alone.

In 10 seasons you can expect the top QBs from each draft to consist of 3 undrafted players, 3 late round QBs, and 4 first/second round QBs.

• Beer 1

Just now, panthers55 said:

This is a perfect situation for Corral. Rehab and watch and learn. Come back next year ready to compete for the starter job. Mayfield and Corral are not that dissimilar. I can see Baker mentoring him. 

Wouldn’t necessarily call it perfect… none of us know exactly how Corral learns. For all we know, he could be a hands on learner and sitting and watching doesn’t do him much good. Ultimately I’d rather him not have gotten hurt and been able to watch and learn while also getting to practice. I also don’t see anything “perfect” about QB’s and foot injuries.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, DMathematics said:

You basing accuracy off a training camp throwing contest is all I need to know 

How come the others couldn't. Yes it's an example. When he had time to throw and wasn't running for his life he put the ball in or near guys hands, only observed 2-3 maybe that got away from him to were just misses other than that when he threw it was crisp and accurate.

We didn't see enough reps with other players of NFL caliber to say anything....If you think we have...that's all I need to know.

angry schitts creek GIF by CBC

8 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Wouldn’t necessarily call it perfect… none of us know exactly how Corral learns. For all we know, he could be a hands on learner and sitting and watching doesn’t do him much good. Ultimately I’d rather him not have gotten hurt and been able to watch and learn while also getting to practice. I also don’t see anything “perfect” about QB’s and foot injuries.

It was perfect for him because we had no expectations he would play here or we needed him to play.  He got a free year to learn behind a playoff tested QB with a similar style to mentor him. He will have time to develop.

4 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

It was perfect for him because we had no expectations he would play here or we needed him to play.  He got a free year to learn behind a playoff tested QB with a similar style to mentor him. He will have time to develop.

Like I said, a more perfect scenario is that he doesn’t get hurt and gets to do all those things that you mentioned above as well as practice. Having your rookie QB miss a full year of actual practice and actual football isn’t perfect… we all saw what Watson looked like after a full year of not playing ball and he’s considered a top 10 QB. Factor in that you don’t want your QB suffering a foot injury… this situation is anything but perfect.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

18 hours ago, rippadonn said:

The hit job continues. Corral is the most accurate QB in the room.

Example, fade drill. Nobody hit it until Corral swished it twice and almost hit it a couple more times, very close.

I watched Sam/Baker/PJ not as close as Corral. Baker hit it once a day or two later.

No Corral didn't look good first game the line in front of him was atrocious. If you couldn't see him and PJ getting crunched up between good plays you weren't watching the third string line.

I don't see how a third string lineman being put on skates into his feet is his fault or is a display of anything but Matt Rhules continued foolishness.

People act as if there was a real opportunity to see Corral play. Sam/Baker/PJ had more reps. Nobody has said he's gotten more reps than any of those guys.

The curse of Gretzky continues for this young man. The draft was f'd up, Pickett jumped better players but now even after the draft he got into the absolute worst situation to play, just the opposite, Rhule on cue choked out his once bright career trajectory into nothing because he's not his love Kenny Pickett so he didn't matter.

Why not showcase him? Even a little? We barely saw the guy, on purpose, that was never the plan. It was another teams QB, again.

Why couldn't we see him behind the second team or first team line? He didn't want you to. You wouldn't want Baker, Baker, Baker after that.

Okay so corral is a practice warrior and sucks in game. I’d still rather have a baker that can be competent in game and maybe doesn’t hit the trash can everytime in practice. 

22 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Like I said, a more perfect scenario is that he doesn’t get hurt and gets to do all those things that you mentioned above as well as practice. Having your rookie QB miss a full year of actual practice and actual football isn’t perfect… we all saw what Watson looked like after a full year of not playing ball and he’s considered a top 10 QB. Factor in that you don’t want your QB suffering a foot injury… this situation is anything but perfect.

Of course injury derailed everything. My comment was assuming that now that he was injured and out for the year what was the best situation he could have come into. And it would be one with little pressure. No one thinks getting injured and going to IR is a good thing. We already planned to keep 3 qbs.