• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade for wide receiver Laviska Shenault

joemac

Panthers acquired WR Laviska Shenault from the Jaguars.

We're still waiting to see what the Jags got back from the Panthers, though it won't be much. After a promising rookie season, Shenault's numbers were slashed across the board on a per-game basis. Despite a number of injuries hitting the Jaguars' receiving room, Shenault closed the year competing with Laquon Treadwell and Tavon Austin for snaps. A change of scenery will be good for the third-year receiver, though a secondary role on an offense led by Baker Mayfield isn't likely to turn him into a fantasy-viable option. The move does serve to keep the light on for Shenault in dynasty leagues. Once up to speed in Carolina's offense, Shenault should slot in as the Panthers' third receiver. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Haven't seen him play but his numbers aren't God awful. For a late round pick I guess it's worth a shot.

I mean he had 60 something catches and over 600 yards. He can’t be that terrible. He didn’t score last year but had 5 his rookie year. The Jags were a poo show last year so I’ll give him a pass for that. Excited to see what he’s got. I doubt we gave up much of anything to get him, so why not?

• Pie 1

Think we will see him bring a physical edge to the offense. Can see him being used near the line of scrimmage blocking and running some hybrid WR/RB looks for us. This move is not an indictment on Terrace Marshall. More worried if I’m Chuba or a fringe TE. He’s probably pretty solid on special teams as well. Would be surprised if we gave up more than a 5th or 6th future pick. 

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I think this is more of an indictment of Chubba than our WR’s. 

We need hands out of the backfield/gadget as insurance for CMC. Chubs ain’t it. 

I hope thats what this is and that would be ideal.

Edit: 

that 0:35 run oh yeahhh

Edited by thunderraiden
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1