• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade Dennis Daley to Titans

TheSpecialJuan

1 minute ago, poundaway said:

There's no 8th round values.  So how do you value a 2024 7th? Zero?

So trying to adjust for the value of time in the picks:

Daley:   '24 5th- '24th 7th= 6th-8th=  21-0= 21
Shenault 23 7th + '24 6th = 7th+7th=8.2+8.2=16.4

We received 4.6 more in value for Daley than Shenault after adjusting for time.  Essentially we came out with an additional 7th round pick 25 after both trades.

Put another way….

We were given a late 7th round pick to trade Daley for Shenault straight up. 

No brainer

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's awesome. That dude is trash. Something for nothing.

Wasn't really that bad for a 6th round pick... Large large majority of those picks are out of the league by now. He has value as an end of the roster lineman, clearly, considering we got a better pick than we drafted him with anyways.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, t96 said:

Wasn't really that bad for a 6th round pick... Large large majority of those picks are out of the league by now. He has value as an end of the roster lineman, clearly, considering we got a better pick than we drafted him with anyways.

I like Daley over Jordan but I doubt anyone was going to offer anything for him. If the Titans gave up that I doubt we'll find anything of value during cuts to improve our line. 49ers were also checking out John Miller lol. O-line is tough on GM's

10 minutes ago, t96 said:

Four years after you're drafted I no longer really care about your draft status. The reality is that he was a bad OL that hung around on our roster because we had a bad OL.

Yeah, he wasn't an awful 6th round pick. But it's past time we moved on and I'm thrilled to get actual trade return for him.

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Four years after you're drafted I no longer really care about your draft status. The reality is that he was a bad OL that hung around on our roster because we had a bad OL.

Yeah, he wasn't an awful 6th round pick. But it's past time we moved on and I'm thrilled to get actual trade return for him.

There are plenty of worse 8/9 OL around the league. It's embarrassing that we had him starting so many games and not due to a ton of injuries, but having him on a roster is not a problem. He's better than Bell and Chandler ever were and those guys were our plan A at OT one year... 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, t96 said:

There are plenty of worse 8/9 OL around the league. It's embarrassing that we had him starting so many games and not due to a ton of injuries, but having him on a roster is not a problem. He's better than Bell and Chandler ever were and those guys were our plan A at OT one year... 

Bell and Chandler were quite possibly the worst planned starting OT tandem in NFL history. No exaggeration. That's the type of OT tandem you'd expect to see after a team freakishly sustained 5 or 6 injuries at OT.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Bell and Chandler were quite possibly the worst planned starting OT tandem in NFL history. No exaggeration. That's the type of OT tandem you'd expect to see after a team freakishly sustained 5 or 6 injuries at OT.

Completely agree. And Bell even stuck around the league for another 4 years across 3 teams while starting multiple games in multiple seasons after he left here. 

My point is, while Daley is not good and it's nice to get something for him, many teams have worse on the end of their roster than him. Him being on the roster for the last 3 years just isn't an issue. It could've been much worse, and is much worse for plenty of other teams. I'm glad we're finally looking to have a rock solid starting OL AND better depth such that Daley is expendable for us, but that doesn't mean Daley isn't a valuable player on a 6th round rookie scale contract. Obviously he is considering what we got for him.

People can tell themselves that Fitts "swindled" the Titans on this deal, but I disagree -- the trade was just fair value. Fortunately we are in a position with the OL where we can make this move and have it be a positive since Daley may not have made our roster anyways. Just good business all around from our front office.

2 hours ago, KillerKat said:

Fitt is great at getting value. He is a value junkie. He can give a coach all the value that is available. Its up to the coach to do his part of the deal and actually coach them.

Topper is all about that too, so it probably scores on that front. A point in the job security column. 

9 minutes ago, t96 said:

Completely agree. And Bell even stuck around the league for another 4 years across 3 teams while starting multiple games in multiple seasons after he left here. 

My point is, while Daley is not good and it's nice to get something for him, many teams have worse on the end of their roster than him. Him being on the roster for the last 3 years just isn't an issue. It could've been much worse, and is much worse for plenty of other teams. I'm glad we're finally looking to have a rock solid starting OL AND better depth such that Daley is expendable for us, but that doesn't mean Daley isn't a valuable player on a 6th round rookie scale contract. Obviously he is considering what we got for him.

People can tell themselves that Fitts "swindled" the Titans on this deal, but I disagree -- the trade was just fair value. Fortunately we are in a position with the OL where we can make this move and have it be a positive since Daley may not have made our roster anyways. Just good business all around from our front office.

I'm not going to celebrate our newfound OL situation until I actually see us field an NFL caliber OL. Because damn, it's been awhile.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Posted this is the other thread, but I'll post it here too.

I know Daley's play seemingly regressed each year after his rookie season, but I still liked him.  Actually I would've kept him over Erving, Elf, and Jordan.  He's versatile, and when put in a good situation, has shown he can play quality football at this level.  I wish him the best in Tennessee and I think he will do well.

Also, for those that forgot...  I'm driving the fuging Fitt Wagon and we ain't stopping.  Dude is such a breath of fresh air.  

• Pie 5

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

He's an improvement on Hubbard and an addition to the WR corps giving us another dimension. I think he can play the slot, but he can line up anywhere. I said before, he can be used like Cordarrelle Patterson. A true hybrid guy.

I have a feeling he’s the new Chubba.