• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does anyone else think we could win the South?

Stuart Smith

1 minute ago, Riverboat Ron said:

If CMC stays healthy then yes. My gut tells me this is the year he plays every game and breaks the NFL season all-purpose yards mark of 2,696 yards. He is literally the cornerstone of this offense and when he’s out there he’ll make everyone around him look like stars. 

Thats bold, but if anybody can approach those numbers its CMC.  Assuming he plays all or most all of the games this year, I am predicting 2300 total yards and 20 TDs. 

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, Riverboat Ron said:

If CMC stays healthy then yes. My gut tells me this is the year he plays every game and breaks the NFL season all-purpose yards mark of 2,696 yards. He is literally the cornerstone of this offense and when he’s out there he’ll make everyone around him look like stars. 

I so want this to be true......

Definitely. We have a complete team with talent at every position group with the coaching to back that up. Top 10, maybe top 5 defense this year. Offensively, I think Mcadoo will finally show the league what we can do. DJ and Robby are gonna feast this season, and I’m betting Shi Smith goes absolutely beserk. Plus TMJ in the cut. McCaffrey staying healthy is a must, the O-line can protect (finally) and Baker is not only talented, but he’ll light a fire under the team. Something we’ve been missing since Cam. Keep Pounding baby!!!!

We really got people who can't even acknowledge that we could win the South this year?  🤨 this is a pretty mild claim.  The competition for the South on paper should be the weakest it has been in several seasons.  Should we be favored to win the South?  No...but could we win the South?  Definitely, and it wouldn't exactly take that many things to go our way.

14 hours ago, ladypanther said:

Of course I believe....injuries..meaning lack of...are the key.  Baker is out to prove.  He has weapons and an improved oline.  D-linebackers seem to be better than expected..Wilks will have a nasty secondary.   Panthers could be the surprise team.

This

We have to play the same non-divisional schedule.  LAR, Sea, Ariz, SF, Clev, Balt, Cinn and Pitts) This IMO is the key to the season.  We need to, at minimum, match the W/L as our divisional rivals.

We have NYG and Detroit NFCE and NFCN 2021 last place teams. Gotta win these two winnable games.

Finally Denver last place in AFCW 2021, which is the new 17th game. Another winnable game.

If we can beat Atl 2x and split with TB and N.O. that would give us a 4-2 mark in the NFCS.

Our divisional rivals have a much tougher schedule (hard to believe) than we do.  If we could go 3-0 against these teams the chances of our divisional foes sweeping are much higher than ours. 

New Orleans has Minnesota in London, Philly in Philadelphia, and LAR in NO.

TB has Dallas in Dallas, GB at home and KC at home.

Atl has Washington in DC, Chic at home and LAC at home.

As you stated health will be a factor.  IF our core, including CMC, can stay healthy it might be ugly but we could win the division.   And as they always say.  Once you're in, Anything goes.

OF COURSE I AM THE ETERNAL OPTIMIST

Edited by DaveThePanther2008
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

I think we can win it - but not without some Help..

and by Help - I mean an injury to someone key on the Bucs..

basically, what the AFCE spent over a decade arguing about the Patriots.  Well, if Brady got hurt we totally have a shot. 

9 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

It was very clear Brady, especially at the end of the season, was not the same Brady.  

Greatness cannot overcome age.  His time has come.  

AFCE used to say the same type stuff.  For years.  The downfall was always clearly on it's way.  

It's clear Tom Brady made some pact w/ the devil.   I spent like 7 years predicting the next year was surely to be the year with him. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

AFCE used to say the same type stuff.  For years.  The downfall was always clearly on it's way.  

It's clear Tom Brady made some pact w/ the devil.   I spent like 7 years predicting the next year was surely to be the year with him. 

I hear you.  This is his year especially with a depleted oline.

• Pie 1