• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stat of the Day

CRA

Just now, t96 said:

I disagree that any of these 4 games are difficult. Other than Murray none of these teams have QBs better than Brissett and the rest of their rosters are not as good as the Browns. 

That said I don't have much hope of winning these games the way we embarrassed ourselves yesterday.

the opening 3 games is the easiest window on our schedule. 

and I think the Giants will be favored to beat us this upcoming week.  

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

I wouldn't judge too much off of week 1, honestly. With the way the new NFL is with one less preseason game, how little most starters play in preseason, most teams looked very sloppy in week 1. 

I agree with you, and if we just looked rusty in the first half I would chalk that up to exactly what you said.  The fact was we looked completely unprepared.  The game plans in the first half looked like we had no idea who the opponent was until they walked onto the field.

I didn't expect things to be polished, but I was also not prepared for them to be as bad as they were.  Although perhaps that is on me, given my own misgivings about the way some things were handled in training camp and preseason.  And, as CRA just said, Rhule's teams have generally started out okay and then faded as teams see what they are doing.

About the only conclusions I can come to from week one are that Kansas City and Buffalo, who were expected to be good, are and were ready. 

If I were a career counselor, I would be telling Mike McCarthy to have his agent keep a close eye on coaching jobs that may come available by the end of the year.  Rhule and I would have already talked about colleges who may be hiring by year's end.

Just now, t96 said:

I disagree that any of these 4 games are difficult. Other than Murray none of these teams have QBs better than Brissett and the rest of their rosters are not as good as the Browns. 

That said I don't have much hope of winning these games the way we embarrassed ourselves yesterday.

You can nitpick you want. My point is only that we are not equipped to beat them. 

Our defense is not good. We had massive issues stopping the run. That is only going go get worse as teams hone in on our weakness and all of those teams have good running games.

21 minutes ago, CRA said:

who knows.  week 1 and early in the season has generally been the best Matt Rhule's teams have looked during his tenure.  It generally gets worse the longer teams get tape on his teams. 

The same goes for games.  Generally Matt Rhule teams look best in the first quarter.

5 minutes ago, poundaway said:

The same goes for games.  Generally Matt Rhule teams look best in the first quarter.

this game felt a lot like the Vikings game last year.  Complete poo for 3 quarters and then somehow found ourselves in the game late. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

this game felt a lot like the Vikings game last year.  Complete poo for 3 quarters and then somehow found ourselves in the game late. 

A bit for sure.

But Sam threw an int on the first play of the game.  Didn't we block a punt in that game? Seems like D scored.   But the O didn't recover until the final 2 minutes in the Vikings game.

51 minutes ago, CRA said:

who knows.  week 1 and early in the season has generally been the best Matt Rhule's teams have looked during his tenure.  It generally gets worse the longer teams get tape on his teams. 

I am hoping for the reverse this year lol. Bad start and strong finish instead of a 3-4 win start and then a flurry of losses. 

1 minute ago, Varking said:

I am hoping for the reverse this year lol. Bad start and strong finish instead of a 3-4 win start and then a flurry of losses. 

Hard to say, I mean you don't really know what a schedule really is until it all unfolds.  But going in, you would think the window for Rhule to get some wins would be early.  Schedule appears to get harder if teams are what we generally think they are. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, CRA said:

54 total rushing yards - the fewest yards on the ground of the entire Matt Rhule era.  

*and we had a fully healthy roster/CMC

#rockstarOC

Like I said in the game thread, we've moved all these pieces around and upgraded the OL, brought in a proven playcaller, etc., and ehat has changed?  Literally nothing.  The offense was just as dysfunctional for 3/4 of that game as it was all last season.  

That is where the answer is revealed...  it wasnt the OL.  It wasn't Joe Brady.  It wasn't Teddy.  It wasn't Sam.  It wasn't Cam.  It's not McAdoo or Baker...  it's Matt fuging Rhule.  My guess is that he has a concept or gameplan he wants to be the overlying plan of attack every week, and the OCs are trying to run a functional offense while trying to appease him, and that's why poo looks so dysfunctional on gameday, because there are too many cooks in the kitchen, and the one that ultimately calls the shots is a fuging idiot.

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, frankw said:

Inexcusable ineptitude and it all starts with the head coach. You can change the OC you can change the QB but the same putrid offensive struggles and poor oline play persist. Who is running the show? But it's all the refs and the leagues fault because they hate us and want us to fail 🙄🥱

These are not mutually exclusive.  Our coaching can suck and the refs can cost us the game.  Both can be true.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Like I said in the game thread, we've moved all these pieces around and upgraded the OL, brought in a proven playcaller, etc., and ehat has changed?  Literally nothing.  The offense was just as dysfunctional for 3/4 of that game as it was all last season.  

That is where the answer is revealed...  it wasnt the OL.  It wasn't Joe Brady.  It wasn't Teddy.  It wasn't Sam.  It wasn't Cam.  It's not McAdoo or Baker...  it's Matt fuging Rhule.  My guess is that he has a concept or gameplan he wants to be the overlying plan of attack every week, and the OCs are trying to run a functional offense while trying to appease him, and that's why poo looks so dysfunctional on gameday, because there are too many cooks in the kitchen, and the one that ultimately calls the shots is a fuging idiot.

yep, Matt Rhule was and remains primary issue #1.  The micromanager who has never seen good offense in his entire coaching tenure. 

until we solve the Matt Rhule issue, there is no solving the problem by only addressing underlying issues. 

• Beer 1