• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watching the Chiefs yesterday was more depressing than our game

KillaCamNewton

Yeah Mahomes is great but just watching their offense and their play design showed me how many levels there are to coaching especially when you compare their staff to ours. They lost arguably the biggest weapon in the league in Tyreek Hill and didnt miss a beat yesterday. Guys running open all over the field. Using motion and different tight end sets to get favorable matchups. Their was a touchdown they had yesterday where the safety was lined up against either Pringle or Hartman and he had been limping the play before so they motioned him all the way across the field into the flat and the safety couldnt run with him.

I cannot remember the last time we saw any sort of offense that actually looked to expose and exploit matchups and mismatches. Every play we run it seems like it’s just hoping someone is going to win their 1on1 matchup or coverage will break down. CMC and DJ are 2 of the best open field weapons in the league and I could think of maybe 2 times yesterday that we actually tried to get them in space

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, KillaCamNewton said:

Yeah Mahomes is great but just watching their offense and their play design showed me how many levels there are to coaching especially when you compare their staff to ours. They lost arguably the biggest weapon in the league in Tyreek Hill and didnt miss a beat yesterday. Guys running open all over the field. Using motion and different tight end sets to get favorable matchups. Their was a touchdown they had yesterday where the safety was lined up against either Pringle or Hartman and he had been limping the play before so they motioned him all the way across the field into the flat and the safety couldnt run with him.

I cannot remember the last time we saw any sort of offense that actually looked to expose and exploit matchups and mismatches. Every play we run it seems like it’s just hoping someone is going to win their 1on1 matchup or coverage will break down. CMC and DJ are 2 of the best open field weapons in the league and I could think of maybe 2 times yesterday that we actually tried to get them in space

Calm down a bit. The arizona defense might be worse than the panthers. They have 0 big names anywhere on the defense.

12 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Along with CMC only get 14 total touches, Foreman getting 1 I think. I thought it would be more like 20 and 5 

I get the feeling TMJ is gone by either the trade deadline or by end of this year if he doesn't explode with something and show something. If they were to trade him it certainly does not help his value by not playing him to showcase him so i'm guessing he is just cut at seasons end. As far as Foreman goes, he flat out should be played more to give CMC a rest as Foreman is a solid player in his own right anyhow.

• Beer 1

25 minutes ago, hepcat said:

The Chiefs crushed but they played a wildly overrated Cardinals team that will probably be changing coaches next year.

True but that is also what a wildcard team probably looks likein the NFC this year, good enough to score but shut down by a really good team. Opening against KC is brutal lol.