• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Time for change

TheoJay10

28 minutes ago, OnlyPantherFaninMaine said:

I hate him but could get behind Tepper shelling out $100 million for Sean Payton. He can be our asshole. 

Would be quite fuging awesome if Tepper nuts up and fires Rhule in the next couple of weeks, then turns around and hires Payton.  However, I think that SP is waiting for that Cowboys job to come open...which should not be much longer now. 

Just now, joemac said:

Would be quite fuging awesome if Tepper nuts up and fires Rhule in the next couple of weeks, then turns around and hires Payton.  However, I think that SP is waiting for that Cowboys job to come open...which should not be much longer now. 

Not awesome at all if you are trying to win a SB. No SB HC in the modern NFL has won a SB with a second team right? So hard pass and him going to the Boys and doing what McCarthy is doing will be a lot more fun IMO.

Bieniemy is bad. You'd be hating him 3 games into the season just like everyone else. He talks out his ass more than any coach ever. I'd rather have Hue Jackson.

Count me on the Flores train too, I would have dismissed Rhule and gone with Flores this offseason

• Pie 3

I've long thought (in all sports, not just NFL) that the head coach should be a leader that everyone looks up to, is smart and makes tough decisions rather than micromanage, much like the presidency (too bad its just partisan liberal vs. conservative bullshit every year and neither party nominates a true leader who can unify a nation)

Flores, like Tomlin, can lead men. McVay knows everything about you and has the personality to be your best friend as soon as you join the team. We need one of them types.

Rivera was a good leader but couldn't make tough/smart decisions 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Not awesome at all if you are trying to win a SB. No SB HC in the modern NFL has won a SB with a second team right? So hard pass and him going to the Boys and doing what McCarthy is doing will be a lot more fun IMO.

Tony Dungy did with the Colts after he built the SB winning team for TB… guess that’s close? 

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Knaakedup said:

Tony Dungy did with the Colts after he built the SB winning team for TB… guess that’s close? 

Close. Reid also went but didn't win one before he got to KC.

It is a stat that has a lot of working parts in it but the biggest one to me is that HC that are successful tend to lean on what worked and not change like they did to get there. I think Madden had a quote about HCs having a window before they just do the same stuff over and over again. 

33 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

I thought your question was about the Reid  coaching tree. Didn’t realize you were only thinking about offense specifically 

the truth is Reid is the offense 

yea, that was my question. I was asked for offensive coaches. 

And yes, AR is the offensive mind in all of his staffing situations. Which is why its never a good idea to hire a AR OC.

• Pie 1

I’d love to hire a clack coach. What is clack again? Seriously speaking, skin color has no bearing on being a NFL coach. I do find it strange that so many Caucasian coaches have little to no NFL playing experience. That said, I would take Flores, Sean Payton, poo give me drive-in movie screen forehead Payton Manning.

Edited by philit99
  • Poo 1

Here come the fair skins making a mockery of a typo. I feel that Bieniemy is put into a bad light based on rumors that unfairly paint a picture of him based on a few instances. How can you defend Cam to the world that "doesn't really know him" but poo on this guy if the way he's being portrayed is akin to one of your own? If he was as bad as presumed would he still be employed by a franchise with as much recent success as the Chiefs? Byron Leftwich is also a solid candidate for numerous reasons, but naming too many black options would have brought over the nascar elite to blabber some count the votes, let's go Brandon nonsense.

Question for you people (the ones pooing any conversation with promotion of ethnic awareness are always the easiest to trigger) that always have a problem when color is brought up.... why does skin color not matter when it comes to a situation that has a positive outcome for someone not the same color as you? If in turn skin color didn't matter wouldn't there be more black coaches, or does the majority of the people who play the sport you love so much not have the proper knowledge or experience for the position??

I love the fact that I have lived in a more progressive area for the better part of two decades and see how badly the south and how arrogantly prejudice people there are perceived outside of the comfort of their own cousin's vagina. 

Seriously, after all the Jerry Richardson antics and the blatant avoidance of giving coaches that aren't vetted by the good ol boys club of the NFL shouldn't we right the wrong and give a few of these hard working gentlemen a chance to show what they really can do? Do better NC, not only for yourselves but the biracial relatives most of you under cover racists have or will have once the younger generations realize how ass backwards some of you can be.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 5