• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ask the Old Guy - on Bozeman/Elflein

CRA

Yeah just in house fluff

The short answer is, that Elflein's not really as bad as a lot of people think he is. The fact he was signed on the first day of free agency last year made a lot of people think he was viewed as a long-term answer when he was actually signed out of a certain degree of cost-certainty since he's a good value at his price, and capable of starting at center or being a quality backup.

Bozeman was given an opportunity to win a job in camp, and the ankle injury that cost him a couple of weeks came at a bad time. I'm not sure they've settled on anything there, and Bradley could end up starting this year (as he did in 48 games the last three seasons for the Ravens), but I do think that Elflein is better at center than he gets credit for sometimes.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah just in house fluff

The short answer is, that Elflein's not really as bad as a lot of people think he is. The fact he was signed on the first day of free agency last year made a lot of people think he was viewed as a long-term answer when he was actually signed out of a certain degree of cost-certainty since he's a good value at his price, and capable of starting at center or being a quality backup.

Bozeman was given an opportunity to win a job in camp, and the ankle injury that cost him a couple of weeks came at a bad time. I'm not sure they've settled on anything there, and Bradley could end up starting this year (as he did in 48 games the last three seasons for the Ravens), but I do think that Elflein is better at center than he gets credit for sometimes.

yeah, which I as take as the in-house position.  

• Beer 1

Matt Rhule is going to continue playing a bad player for "reasons".

segundo-sol-novela.gif

We've seen this time and time again. It was blatantly obvious Rhule was desperately trying to find a starting spot for him on the OL in camp and then the Bozeman injury gave him his excuse.

I have no idea what he sees in Elflein that everyone else is missing, but opposing defenses sure do appreciate it.

• Beer 3

I have a feeling a lot of these "camp/practice battles" are guys Fitt brought in Vs guys Rhule wanted last year. Fitt was given more control this year and Rhule is like "Sure, fine. But they have to beat my guys first." So weeks are going to go by before something changes that should`ve happened a long time ago.

Edited by KillerKat
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

Wasn't Elf our highest rated lineman? Or was he behind BC?

It depends how you much value you put in PFF. 

I personally saw at least 2 muffed snaps that should be on the center, but they only attributed one to Elf -- so mileage may vary. 

Edited by AlphabetsEnd
  • Beer 2