• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I believed in Baker. But I was wrong. Also, the OL sucks ass.

Proudiddy

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It's well beyond just Elflein and Ekwonu. BC was getting dump trucked and Corbett was getting tossed around. 

This is why I really could not understand why people thought this was going to be "one of the best OL's we've ever had."

I literally have no idea what those people were thinking. This was pretty predictable. 

Every player gets beat, I watched Moton get trucked too. The thing about a OL is if they are not all working together they all fall apart. Icky and Elflein are screwing up and that makes everyone look terrible. Blitz pickup has been terrible because of those guys as well. 

57 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Coaching is first and foremost the biggest problem.  Every player on this roster is going to look far worse than they are under this staff, but Baker ain't it.  That defense sucked ass and they were playing scrubs on DJ all day.  One of the biggest traits of franchise QBs is being able to hit the easy throws when they're there.  Baker is missing way too many of those and then attempting throws he shouldn't.  

And this OL is fuging horrible.  It looks comparable, if not worse than last season's.  Ickey is a rookie and needs to develop, but his presence is completely inconsequential for a guy with such incredible physical tools and ability.  Corbett has played like poo.  We're still starting a garbage can over a proven starting center who came from one of the best lines in the league.  And Moton has probably never looked worse.

The more I see, the less I like of this whole team...  but again, I know we look so much worse because of the coaching...  and as long as Rhule remains in place, we will continue to flail and fail in every possible aspect.  Our schemes, both offense and defense, put us at a disadvantage from the opening kickoff.  Rhule doesn't know how to win, so how could he possibly teach 53 grown men how to do so?  Simple.  He can't.  And honestly, we are all wasting our time even paying attention to this traveling trainwreck as long as he is in place.  We all know whats gonna happen, and we still watch.

There is not one of the basic top tenets of the NFL that Rhule and his coaches don’t break 

…and we wonder why the team loses.

They will continue to lose until that clown is gone 

Sadly, it really is that simple 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

Every player gets beat, I watched Moton get trucked too. The thing about a OL is if they are not all working together they all fall apart. Icky and Elflein are screwing up and that makes everyone look terrible. Blitz pickup has been terrible because of those guys as well. 

Yeah, you need to watch more. Most of these guys are getting beat. It's not Elflein's fault BC gets beat. It's not BC's fault Ikey gets beat.

It's a bad unit with a rookie that was most likely always going to be bad(feel free to read up on Andrew Thomas who we played today and his rookie season), a very undersized LG of questionable ability, a fuging terrible center and a ho-hum journeyman RG.

57 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

how many throws did baker actually miss? i counted three game changing drops from shi smith alone. more from others (thomas, CMC) plus fumbles and poo, baker was hardly the problem here imo

and let's not forget the tackles played horribly and he was running for his life every down 

Honestly? Quite a few. He was missing throws. Guys were dropping balls. The OL was missing blocks. There was no shortage of bad to point out 

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

To be clear, I wasn't pinning this on Baker.  Just frustrated with some of the plays we left out there...  and we have agreed on a ton over the years, and for the most part agree here.  I still think Baker is at least solid, which is light-years ahead of Teddy and Sam...  but I also have said, after seeing Teddy, Sam, Cam, and now Baker, that it isn't coincidence, all of those guys have looked their worst as passers in this offense under Rhule and nowhere else.  As ass as we thought Sam was in NY, he actually looked functional enough to fool people into thinking he could still be a starter in the NFL.  Here, he became the worst passer statistically over a stretch of games that had ever been recorded.  Teddy, renowned for his decision-making and headiness, looked like a complete fuging idiot here.  Between throwing the ball to a 1 yard drag on 4th and 12 to having the ball stripped at the goal line against the Packers, to game-ending INTs on TNF against the Falcons, he looked in over his head.  Cam had one of the worst passing games of any QB ever against the Dolphins, and to this day, friends still rag me about it and just judging off that one game say Cam isn't an NFL QB anymore...  but, they don't see what we see every week.  It's not the personnel.  It's the coaching.  

So yes, I mentioned Baker specifically, and a lot of it is the frustration and disappointment from him not being able to elevate our team into winning, but I know as long as Rhule is in place, I don't know what QB could...  but I really wanted Baker to do it.  And despite his flaws, he is the best QB we've had since healthy Cam, but this team sucks ass and it's painful to watch...  and between failed protection and shitty calls, I place a huge burden on Baker to make plays and today he struggled.  

So anyway...  I fuging hate Matt Rhule.😂

I wasn't calling anyone out in particular i stopped paying attention to that long ago too lol

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, you need to watch more. Most of these guys are getting beat. It's not Elflein's fault BC gets beat. It's not BC's fault Ikey gets beat.

It's a bad unit with a rookie that was most likely always going to be bad(feel free to read up on Andrew Thomas who we played today and his rookie season), a very undersized LG of questionable ability, a fuging terrible center and a ho-hum journeyman RG.

I have the unfortunate problem of seeing it all. Those guys are your main two. The zero blitz has been used way too much in two weeks because Elflein is a garbage player causing Mayfield to have to roll out not step up. It's  the same on ickys side where he's getting man handled and giving Mayfield only one avenue to escape pressure. 

11 minutes ago, Snake said:

They need to put Christensen back in at LT and Ickey at Guard. From what he's shown these two games, Ickey just isn't ready to start at LT yet.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ichigo1057 said:

They need to put Christensen back in at LT and Ickey at Guard. From what he's shown these two games, Ickey just isn't ready to start at LT yet.

Even if they do, it's not going to get much better. I'll just about guarantee that. It will still be Ikey making mistakes(albeit perhaps not as frequently) and BC getting mauled at LT.

2 minutes ago, ichigo1057 said:

Any T that starts at LT as a rookie is going to struggle. Good coaching could help but that's not going to happen. It's best he takes his lumps and learns.