• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Other games

Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Justin Fields is 7/9.  You gotta throw the ball more than that if you're losing by this much.

That's why I don't get too heavy into the Horn vs Fields talk.  What I've watched of Fields, he appears to be not much different than so many QBs who have come through and been average to bad in their careers.  Why?  Because for all his incredible talent and natural physical gifts, he seems to lack the in-game mental part.  Just like Darnold, whom so many "experts" loved for his physical gifts and abilities, he seems to struggle with processing what he's seeing, so if the first read or two isn't there he panics.  Difference is, Fields is such an incredible athlete, he's been able to make some amazing plays with his legs once he doesn't trust his eyes or arm.  But, that isn't a sustainable form of offense and isn't much different than what they did with Trubisky because he had the same problem.  They don't trust what they're seeing, and that's what separates the greats from the bums.  I don't see Fields being an elite passer now or in the future, because it's generally something guys either have or they don't. 

• Pie 2

Just now, Proudiddy said:

That's why I don't get too heavy into the Horn vs Fields talk.  What I've watched of Fields, he appears to be not much different than so many QBs who have come through and been average to bad in their careers.  Why?  Because for all his incredible talent and natural physical gifts, he seems to lack the in-game mental part.  Just like Darnold, whom so many "experts" loved for his physical gifts and abilities, he seems to struggle with processing what he's seeing, so if the first read or two isn't there he panics.  Difference is, Fields is such an incredible athlete, he's been able to make some amazing plays with his legs once he doesn't trust his eyes or arm.  But, that isn't a sustainable form of offense and isn't much different than what they did with Trubisky because he had the same problem.  They don't trust what they're seeing, and that's what separates the greats from the bums.  I don't see Fields being an elite passer now or in the future, because it's generally something guys either have or they don't. 

I've said it before, but the whiff wasn't taking Horn over Fields.  In retrospect, it looks like the mistake was taking Horn over Surtain.

• Pie 2

5 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Micah parsons is an animal.  Much rather have him then horn

I was here saying we should have drafted Parsons in the first Trask in the second that season.

Both could be helping right now. Not trying to take credit, just saying huddlers shouldn't be out gm'ing the Panthers.

3 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Not sure I would say it yet. Horne has still only played five games.  And some said the same thing regarding Ridley and DJ Moore but eventually, taking DJ turned out to be the right choice.

Yeah, I know there is still time, and I always believed in DJ more, for whatever its worth.  But idk, Horn just looked so much more impressive in limited looks as a rookie.  To me, he looks a lot more stiff, slower, and flat-footed this season. 

• Pie 1