• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did anyone think they’d miss Mr. Richardson?

TNPanther

24 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

You lost the moment you started trying to defend a racist womanizer. Jerry " call meh mistah" Richardson. No thanks 

I see this as one of those cases where you have to define your terms...

Is Jerry Richardson a more successful owner than David Tepper? At this point, going by the respective win-loss records of the teams that came under them, yes he is.

That, however, doesn't mean he was a good owner. That record is still just 500, and while we did have two Super Bowl appearances, both were losses.

The biggest issue? He put way too much trust in the wrong people; specifically, people that were loyal to him as opposed to ones who were actually competent at their jobs.

He is also, of course, a horrible person; something which matters far more than any statistical records.

So no, I don't miss him. I don't feel sorry for him. I wouldn't want him back. And I don't wish things had ended differently for him. Truth be told, he probably got better than he deserved.

As to Tepper, he is thus far a less successful owner than Richardson was, but there is still time for things to change.

(finding people that are actually worthy of his trust would be a really good start)

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Is Jerry Richardson a more successful owner than David Tepper? At this point, going by the respective win-loss records of the teams that came under them, yes he is.

That, however, doesn't mean he was a good owner. That record is still just 500, and while we did have two Super Bowl appearances, both were losses.

The biggest issue? He put way too much trust in the wrong people; specifically, people that were loyal to him as opposed to ones who were actually competent at their jobs.

He is also, of course, a horrible person; something which matters far more than any statistical records.

So no, I don't miss him. I don't feel sorry for him. I wouldn't want him back. And I don't wish things had ended differently for him. Truth be told, he probably got better than he deserved.

As to Tepper, he is thus far a less successful owner than Richardson was, but there is still time for things to change.

(finding people that are actually worthy of his trust would be a really good start)

Perfectly said... Agree 100%

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

While all that may be Scot, I don't feel like I'm going out on a limb to assume Tepper isn't any better of a person than JR was/is.  From everything I've read/seen/heard, Tepper is a dirtbag.  And my assumption is, pretty much all of these owners are too that play by their own rules thanks to their money and power...  the ones who have had issues is just because they got caught/called out, but they're all mostly the same.  So I don't think we came out better as far as our integrity, character, values, or foundation.  So if those things are equal, then what did we come out with?  Just a worst team and record.

Just now, Proudiddy said:

While all that may be Scot, I don't feel like I'm going out on a limb to assume Tepper isn't any better of a person than JR was/is.  From everything I've read/seen/heard, Tepper is a dirtbag.  And my assumption is, pretty much all of these owners are too that play by their own rules thanks to their money and power...  the ones who have had issues is just because they got caught/called out, but they're all mostly the same.  So I don't think we came out better as far as our integrity, character, values, or foundation.  So if those things are equal, then what did we come out with?  Just a worst team and record.

That may indeed be true.

The Watson pursuit wouldn't exactly be evidence of impeccable character.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That may indeed be true.

The Watson pursuit wouldn't exactly be evidence of impeccable character.

Yup...  agreed.

And so many examples, imo, and that is likely one of the biggest...  I also think the buying the former associate's home to destroy it and build a new one over it, the classy ass grab at the presser, busting Mick's balls on-air and essentially making fun of him before forcing him to retire, making the allusion to Panther fans on Twitter being "basement dwellers," the HQ debacle, etc.  

Oh, and the Watson pursuit happened after he swore when assuming ownership after JR'S exit that sexual assault/harassment was a zero tolerance, non-starter issue for our team moving forward.  Welp...

12 hours ago, Mayor Qumiby said:

Jerry Richardson reminds me of richer version of Buck Strickland 

Man this is so perfect lol

Yeah Richardson was a better owner than Tepper has been thus far, but that doesn't mean I'm lying awake at night getting eaten up by regret that he's gone.  He was meddlesome, stubborn, and arrogant in different ways than Tepper.  Richardson prioritized the constitution and established hierarchy of the NFL to the extent that he was willing to throw away an entire season for the league.  Obviously that's just the football aspect without considering the culture of sexual harassment and old boy's club atmosphere in the building. 

Maybe we would have won 6-8 games two years in a row instead of 5 if he was the owner.  Yippee.

I'm almost certain that anyone that buys an NFL franchise is a peice of poo human. It seems to be the standard. The ones that hide it look better but that's only because you can't see in their closet and the things they get up to when there are no cameras.

Fug JR for who he really was even if he provided mediocre football that looks so competent at this point. Fug Tepper for taking so long to learn the most basic crap about how the NFL works and wasting another season. Fug all the owners.

orgy cuckold GIF

Edited by Waldo

8 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

You lost the moment you started trying to defend a racist womanizer. Jerry " call meh mistah" Richardson. No thanks 

Oh and you were inside the organization?  Pretty sure a racist wouldn't have a black players over at his house from time to time.  If you are old enough to remember, Jerry would invite players over.  Smitty was over there several times.  Again Jeans Friday is like a cop finding a roach in the car ashtray.  Technically wrong? Yes, but come the fug on man.  At best it's creepy, but dude was like 80 and had a heart transplant and couldn't stay awake before halftime of a football game.  Was he really that big of a threat?  Hell, I bet you were a Watson supporter up until like the 23rd accuser.  That was the biggest kick I got out of the Watson saga was the hypocrites that drug Jerry through the mud were champions of a REAL sexual predator, not least of whom was our current owner who stood on some faux moral high ground talking about the dignity and respect of his new ownership after taking over for Jerry Richardson.  As soon as a QB was available with Jack the Ripper like predatory behavior, morality-smorality, who gives a flying fug.  He's a QB!!!!

Again, Jerry wasn't perfect, but I think it was a hit job within the organization to move ownership.

• Poo 1

17 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Oh and you were inside the organization?  Pretty sure a racist wouldn't have a black players over at his house from time to time.  If you are old enough to remember, Jerry would invite players over.  Smitty was over there several times.  Again Jeans Friday is like a cop finding a roach in the car ashtray.  Technically wrong? Yes, but come the fug on man.  At best it's creepy, but dude was like 80 and had a heart transplant and couldn't stay awake before halftime of a football game.  Was he really that big of a threat?  Hell, I bet you were a Watson supporter up until like the 23rd accuser.  That was the biggest kick I got out of the Watson saga was the hypocrites that drug Jerry through the mud were champions of a REAL sexual predator, not least of whom was our current owner who stood on some faux moral high ground talking about the dignity and respect of his new ownership after taking over for Jerry Richardson.  As soon as a QB was available with Jack the Ripper like predatory behavior, morality-smorality, who gives a flying fug.  He's a QB!!!!

Again, Jerry wasn't perfect, but I think it was a hit job within the organization to move ownership.

Being a racist doesn't mean you won't use people of color for your benefit. A lot of slave owners raped and gathered children with their slaves so having players over is a mute point. Again your still trying to defend this guy after the reports and the NFL basically forced him to sell his team.. smh. He ran the organization like a plantation forcing employees to call him mister.. GTFO 

Edited by micnificent28
  • Pie 1