• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule defenders chime in here

Zod

1 hour ago, Keep Pounding said:

Rome wasn't built in a day... the team was trash when he took over, takes a few years to rebuild. 

The team is unquestionably worse than when he took over.  The modern NFL has fast turnarounds because good coaching makes up for roster deficiencies. Bad coaching exacerbates them. 

We need to stop calling him names like clown because even clowns have a better success rate at what they do than Rhule. 
there’s only one “real” defense left for Rhule, and that is to see it narcissistically as he does: we’re the problem, not him. We don’t see how things are 1000% working. 

16 minutes ago, davos said:

The funniest thing for outsiders that aren't Panthers fans: We've been acting as if we're at the precipice of being contenders, more active in trades than anyone else, but at the same time don't seem to really have an identity or experience even moderate success.  

It was like we never accepted we were in a rebuild and just went straight to operating like a contender while saying "there's a 7-year plan".  I imagine we're just a confusing team to decipher and not in a good way.  

Apparently teams have deciphered Snows defense. Making Brissett and Daniel Jones look like legit QB's out there. It's only going to get uglier

50 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

They ruined their own narrative in that regard will two years of "win now" moves.

They didn't believe that and they never believed that.

It's also not reality. It doesn't take that long to build a winning NFL team.

Early on, I took the multi year thing as more about "building a team that is consistently winning" takes years, rather than winning at all, so you make moves every year to bring in pieces to help that year/longer, so each year is about winning now. That's because one year of success doesn't guarantee more (just like one year of failure doesn't need to), so you always need to be getting better... Ofc Tepper may think it takes 5 years to have a winning record for some reason, who knows. Maybe he buys the Jay Z

I will give Rhule something, he's built a level of consistency with his program. Unfortunately it's consistent below average performance.

• Beer 1

Just now, mav1234 said:

Early on, I took the multi year thing as more about "building a team that is consistently winning" takes years, rather than winning at all, so you make moves every year to bring in pieces to help that year/longer, so each year is about winning now. That's because one year of success doesn't guarantee more (just like one year of failure doesn't need to), so you always need to be getting better... Ofc Tepper may think it takes 5 years to have a winning record for some reason, who knows. Maybe he buys the Jay Z

I will give Rhule something, he's built a level of consistency with his program. Unfortunately it's consistent below average performance.

It's funny that after two last minute losses, I just don't see much of an avenue for future success.

I will be very curious to see the reaction to the team next week at home. I expect we will hear some loud booing.

3 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Well our owner is the idiot who wanted to fire Tomlin as minority owner of the Steelers. We might be on the cusp of some Synder type losing ownership. 

12 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

The team is unquestionably worse than when he took over.  The modern NFL has fast turnarounds because good coaching makes up for roster deficiencies. Bad coaching exacerbates them. 

Yep.

While it's true that Rome wasn't built in a day, it's also true that the people who built it didn't set fire to the entire landscape and dig a giant crater before they even got started.

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It's funny that after two last minute losses, I just don't see much of an avenue for future success.

I will be very curious to see the reaction to the team next week at home. I expect we will hear some loud booing.

You know, if we'd come out and thumped either team, neither loss would bother me. But this feels like the last couple years but we skip the first quarter of the season and get right into losing.

Edit: didn't even need to thump, just win convincingly and not be desperately clawing on to a small lead in the last seconds....

Edited by mav1234

Just now, mav1234 said:

You know, if we'd come out and thumped either team, neither loss would bother me. But this feels like the last couple years but we skip the first quarter of the season and get right into losing.

Yeah, it really does. If it is anything like that, the team will break and the ass whippings will commence in earnest.

If we don't get a victory in this next three game home stand, I think the team will collapse.

• Pie 2