• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Igo, any credence to this?

Ivan The Awesome

Just now, CRA said:

Just talking in general. GM should hire the HC.  

and if you have a shaky GM and fire your HC…..start all the way over.  That would have been Hurney going with Ron. 

Understood.

I'll always wonder what would have happened if Tepper would have fired Marty first and paired Rivera with a better GM.

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I’m fine with moving on but way more people than you think believe we’ll be a playoff team without Rhule. Then again you can see how many people in here believe that if Rhule left, Luke would be coaching or heck come out of retirement.

Even if we do have a quality roster, we don't become a playoff team simply by dumping Rhule.

A new staff will have to train players and tailor the roster to fit their schemes.

17 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I’m fine with moving on but way more people than you think believe we’ll be a playoff team without Rhule. Then again you can see how many people in here believe that if Rhule left, Luke would be coaching or heck come out of retirement.

In my fan fiction world…

we fire Matt Rhule in season

Then the next week get a new addition and Luke comes back to play LB and comes out of the tunnel like….

image.gif.2f62607f6c2875ca5426cc54dfc324a9.gif

24 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Not I, said the fly. 

If we run Rhule (and Snow by default) out of town it will not be because this team will be a playoff team starting the day after they leave.  We are going to probably suck at least through the end of the season, but if it gets to that point we have concluded we are going to suck either way.  Which makes the decision to dispatch them one of cutting losses to see if we can move forward faster.

It is also possible we will be better the day after we run them out, since changing from college schemes to NFL schemes can produce immediate improvement in the NFL.  The problem is the personnel are built around the college schemes, especially of defense and especially on the line.  Which means I would not be holding my breath for immediate improvement, but hopefully the bleeding would stop.

• Pie 3

30 minutes ago, stbugs said:

That is pretty unrealistic expectations for sure. I just hadn't seen that much here on that train to disappointment. Just hope of something better.

• Pie 1

15 hours ago, 4Corners said:

I believe and agree with all of it. 

I will side with Steve Wilkes over Phil Snow 10/10 times. Fire Snow and make Wilkes the DC and I guarantee the defense will improve. 

what sucks is that we are one game in and it already feels like a lost season. 

THIS. I never felt so demoralized going into the second game of season. This is just sad we have almost 4 more months of this crap.

49 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Bet Bozeman would've known about "earning" it before signing here now...

This right here pisses me off as well, i kinda feel bad for bozeman cuz he is likeable and could have secured a payday somewhere else. I wasnt even expecting him to be second fiddle to elflein not even under Rhule...man i had that wrong. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1