• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Tepper did move the team....

Jmac

15 hours ago, Doc Holiday said:

I say this every time this subject comes up. 

Panthers ain’t going anywhere. Population and demographics dictates team placements, NC is the 9th largest state with  Charlotte sitting within an 1 hour 30 minute drive of many large cities in the area. 

team ain’t going anywhere. This is a dead subject.

I disagree.  NFL owners are in a world of their own. It's about their egos.  So if someone from , say St Louis comes knocking, giving Tepper even more money to move the team  ,, ( See the gypsy team of the NFL, the Raiders )   I could see him doing it.  He's not married to Charlotte like Richardson was.  St Louis, Charlotte, what does he care. 

In general, I think it's been tough to reconcile that someone that has been so successfull in one endeavor is not in another.  It gives some credence that this is all calculated.  But my take is that Tepper underestimated how subjective managing sports can be versus the objectivity of money. His hubris and ego are digging the holes around him.

19 hours ago, panthersgreenville said:

I would stay a Panthers fan, I mean it makes the most sense when you think about it. Either A. Stop following the nfl all together or B. Pick another team you have absolutely no passion about or ties to or C. Just stuck with the panthers despite the move, I mean you have a history and story there. 

or D. Enjoy the NFL as the entertainment business it is meant to be. It's a little easier if you like to bet or play fantasy i suppose.

This is getting tiresome. Every time ( and that's often lately) our season goes sideways. Here comes the " Could ---Move  The Team" threads. Sure, but purple monkeys could fly out of my a-- too. But very, very unlikely. 

Edited by 3838

5 minutes ago, 3838 said:

This is getting tiresome. Every time ( and that's often lately) our season goes sideways. Here comes the " Could ---Move  The Team" threads. Sure, but purple monkeys could fly out of my a-- too. But very, very unlikely. 

Remember when Pegula was going to move the Bills to Toronto? Lol 

winning stops the panic.

Edited by Panthercougar68
  • Beer 1

19 hours ago, panthersgreenville said:

I would stay a Panthers fan, I mean it makes the most sense when you think about it. Either A. Stop following the nfl all together or B. Pick another team you have absolutely no passion about or ties to or C. Just stuck with the panthers despite the move, I mean you have a history and story there. 

When the hornets moved they were dead to me.

If the Panthers move they should be forced to change names like the Ravens and Titans.

I don't know if they were forced, I think  Art Model was forced.

7 hours ago, Waldo said:

Pretty much. Felt longer as a teeneager in NC. With no Sunday Ticket it was watch what was on the local TV which was never the game I wanted to see which made it feel like 1988 to me.

Right there with you.  Moved to NC in '94.  Panthers got the team in '95.  A few months later Modell blew up a SB caliber team in Cleveland (not often anyone can say THAT) and I became a Panthers fan.  

• Beer 1