• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Easy fix here, draft Bryce Young and hire Ken Dorsey

GOAT

4 minutes ago, Castavar said:

When was the last time an Oregon QB actually pulled off a legit great NFL QB season before Justin Herbert? That kind of thinking will cause you to lose out on a great prospect.

Not saying a QB from any school can’t be great. 

but I wouldn’t call Bama a QB factory for the NFL.  It’s been endless JAGs, Okays and busts for a long time. 

I wouldn’t call Oregon a QB factory because Herbert is great 

1 hour ago, CmC2k said:

Bryce young's size scares me but you can deny his talent and his production. I'd prefer Will Levis or CJ Stroud though because after 2 weeks of seeing baker's passes get knocked down at the LOS. Also, can we please someway somehow get a pass catching TE. 

Is Levi’s that good? I see people mock him high yet I just don’t see what is so great about him…. Im scared of drafting Ohio state QBs

23 minutes ago, CRA said:

but I wouldn’t call Bama a QB factory for the NFL.  It’s been endless JAGs, Okays and busts for a long time. 

B/R Gridiron on Twitter: "Mac Jones and Jalen Hurts share the field  tonight. That 2018 Alabama QB room is forever legendary.  https://t.co/BgiS3RtgzP" / Twitter

don't get hung up on my use of wording. the tide is obviously changing.

30 minutes ago, CRA said:

That's what I'm saying though. You might miss out on the ONE good QB prospect from a certain school all because you lumped them all together. That would be like the Panthers passing on Herbert (if he fell to us) because "when was the last time Oregon produced a good NFL QB?". And actually, that was the mindset around here about Herbert.

Edited by Castavar

13 minutes ago, rmoneyg35 said:

Is Levi’s that good? I see people mock him high yet I just don’t see what is so great about him…. Im scared of drafting Ohio state QBs

I'm probably completely wrong but Will Levis reminds me of Mathew Stafford with a little bit less arm strength. 

Edited by CmC2k

Just now, CmC2k said:

I'm probably completely wrong but Will Levis reminds me of Mathew Stafford with a little bit arm strength. 

I don’t watch much college football but what little I’ve seen and looking at his stats I just don’t see what makes him a top 3 qb of this class… also Bryce Young being 6’0 and not even 200 pounds worries me, assuming that’s correct. Then again how good is young considering the talent around him?

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, rmoneyg35 said:

I don’t watch much college football but what little I’ve seen and looking at his stats I just don’t see what makes him a top 3 qb of this class… also Bryce Young being 6’0 and not even 200 pounds worries me, assuming that’s correct. Then again how good is young considering the talent around him?

Each QB in this class has weaknesses like Young's size, Stroud's footwork and being an Ohio State QB and Levis's accuracy consistency. While I don't think there'll be a unanimous number 1 QB this year I'd have to give the edge to Young due to his experience and the recent trend of Alabama QB's doing well in the pro's. I think that going against Alabama's defense every day in practice is an advantage that isn't talked about enough. 

• Pie 1

Just now, CmC2k said:

Each QB in this class has weaknesses like Young's size, Stroud's footwork and being an Ohio State QB and Levis's accuracy consistency. While I don't think there'll be a unanimous number 1 QB this year I'd have to give the edge to Young due to his experience and the recent trend of Alabama QB's doing well in the pro's. I think that going against Alabama's defense every day in practice is an advantage that isn't talked about enough. 

Or just go with a DE, Will Anderson? 

Get off the Bryce Young train.

He is great for college. Not for the NFL. 2 entirely different styles of game/QB.

The defenses in the NFL are easily built to stop or slow the Bryce Young's. If the QB cannot win and control games in the final 4 minutes, they will not be a championship tier QB prospect in the NFL. An NFL QB must be a game manager and a cerebral on field coach that is prepared to execute a 4 minute offense with a high degree of success. The athletic ability, arm strength, and speed are just extras. You won't have an offense in the NFL that will regularly blow out teams or put up 40 plus points in a game. Especially, in the playoffs.