• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Give me some hope. Can this offense be turned around?

Khaki Lackey

3 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

He has more drops than catches this season... I think there are a lot of factors in play.... Including better play calling but IMO it all hinges on Ickey and how quickly he progresses....

Baker is getting a lot of edge pressure and is already feeling ghost pressure when he isn't.

Understand…my point is this team needs to wake up and compete at the highest level.  Each man.  The talent is there…I fuggin really believe that

Robby can be a serious difference maker but like a lot of players on this team right now it is time to lay everything on the line and do your fuggin job

Edited by Shocker

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

Understand…my point is this team needs to wake up and compete at the highest level.  Each man.  The talent is there…I fuggin really believe that

I actually agree with you, This team does have some talent... It's why I can't stand our anti-fans we have this season like Frankw and Mrcompletely11 who are rooting for us to lose.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

I actually agree with you, This team does have some talent... It's why I can't stand our anti-fans we have this season like Frankw and Mrcompletely11 who are rooting for us to lose.

They are trolling and don’t add anything meaningful to this board.  Disregard them

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

I'm just being real here. Sam is a better QB. All in all if Sam can cut down the mistakes, trust the pocket he's probably the best option going forward if and when he's available.

I was at fanfest and got a very good view and Sam was actually moving the ball down the field more consistently than anyone else that was allowed to scrimmage (Baker). 

Mayfield looked pretty much the same as now, couldn't really connect and horizontal runs to the sideline after bailing. 

Sam's the better QB. Will Rhule put Sam back in? The historical precedent has been set. Will he sit Baker for Sam this time OR run a two QB system in the NFL AGAIN, his college coach wet dream.

Very interested to see how that plays out because Baker looks like Matt Corral as a rookie should look, but he'll learn 😕

Still inexcusable for a four year veteran, you should come prepared to play in the first quarter not finally wake up in the second or third quarter of an NFL game. Damn it get there early! 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I'm just being real here. Sam is a better QB. All in all if Sam can cut down the mistakes, trust the pocket he's probably the best option going forward if and when he's available.

But honestly, that is the problem with Darnold.  I don't think he can cut down the mistakes or trust the pocket, at least not when 75,000 people are watching him.  He has a distinguished record of turning the ball over by making bad decisions, and the fact that the pocket may be holding up seems to have no bearing on that.

I don't think there is any chance he can be serviceable IF he cuts down the mistakes.  At this point, he is exactly what he has shown in games.  He can look fine in practice or scrimmages, but during the game he reverts back to what he does. 

Mayfield may be in the same boat but at least he had one season when he showed more.  That may have been an anomaly and if it is, guess who is looking for one or two new QBs after this season.  Based on the brief but consistent results, I really do not want this staff having any voice in who he/they are.

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I was at fanfest and got a very good view and Sam was actually moving the ball down the field more consistently than anyone else that was allowed to scrimmage (Baker). 

Mayfield looked pretty much the same as now, couldn't really connect and horizontal runs to the sideline after bailing. 

Sam's the better QB. Will Rhule put Sam back in? The historical precedent has been set. Will he sit Baker for Sam this time OR run a two QB system in the NFL AGAIN, his college coach wet dream.

Very interested to see how that plays out because Baker looks like Matt Corral as a rookie should look, but he'll learn 😕

Still inexcusable for a four year veteran, you should come prepared to play in the first quarter not finally wake up in the second or third quarter of an NFL game. Damn it get there early! 

The whole 1st part of this is literally why Sam isn’t better… He hasn’t shown he could do any of this even in college..

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

But honestly, that is the problem with Darnold.  I don't think he can cut down the mistakes or trust the pocket, at least not when 75,000 people are watching him.  He has a distinguished record of turning the ball over by making bad decisions, and the fact that the pocket may be holding up seems to have no bearing on that.

I don't think there is any chance he can be serviceable IF he cuts down the mistakes.  At this point, he is exactly what he has shown in games.  He can look fine in practice or scrimmages, but during the game he reverts back to what he does. 

Mayfield may be in the same boat but at least he had one season when he showed more.  That may have been an anomaly and if it is, guess who is looking for one or two new QBs after this season.  Based on the brief but consistent results, I really do not want this staff having any voice in who he/they are.

I would say 2 season Baker showed he was at least a competent QB in the pro’s.. He was 2nd in voting for offensive rookie of the year when Barkley won it.. And to be clear even his worst season are better Then anything Sam has done in the league..

• Pie 2