• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Give me some hope. Can this offense be turned around?

Khaki Lackey

41 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Personnel built for man paired with a coach who prefers zone...

I just assumed Snow preferred man hence us getting every man corner available. It seemed to me like the soft zone came back with Wilks. We ran a lot of Zone under Rivera. I wish we would play more man coverage.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

I just assumed Snow preferred man hence us getting every man corner available. It seemed to me like the soft zone came back with Wilks. We ran a lot of Zone under Rivera. I wish we would play more man coverage.

Yeah it's strange to take Snows front 7 with Wilks Zone secondary. Recipe for dink and dunks all day long. Not so bad yesterday but we also give up a lot of 2nd/3rd and fairly long conversions. All you need is one guy to leave their zone or hand a guy off to a safety who's not paying attention. Seems like man would be easier mentally for such a young roster

5 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Wilks is responsible for coaching the secondary and teaching the zone concepts.  He was on the sideline get into the players ears. The overall defense is Snows responsibility.

Funny you say that.  I remember him talking to Henderson after a play and it appeared he said, "I Told you....." So, it appears maybe Henderson isn't doing his job.  

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Unlike all the crybabies that want us to lose so that they can write juvenile open letters to David Tepper, I'm trying to remain hopeful here.

Can our offense turn it around? Can the OL gel? Can Baker get it together? Give me a few reasons to think it's a possibility.

Also, is Darnold still alive? Is he even on the sidelines? 

Bonus points if you can explain to me why our secondary sucks and is reverting to a Rivera soft zone.

In 2015, the offense struggled for the first 3 games or so.  They didn't really get it together until the fourth game.  I do think, that with the exception of qb, this team has more talent on offense than the 2015 team did.  Of course, qb is a fairly important position.   And 2015 had a more opportunistic defense that could win games even if the offense was struggling.  But turn arounds, and improvements do happen.  

Do I think this is going to be like 2015?  No, of course not. 

Could we turn it around and challenge for a playoff spot.  We could. 

Will we?  Probably not, but I will keep watching just in case.  

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Do I think this is going to be like 2015?  No, of course not. 

Could we turn it around and challenge for a playoff spot.  We could. 

Will we?  Probably not, but I will keep watching just in case.  

Pretty much sums up my feelings about it.

I was wondering if some of our All22 analysts could give us some possible adjustments to look out for. 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Pretty much sums up my feelings about it.

I was wondering if some of our All22 analysts could give us some possible adjustments to look out for. 

Personally, I don't think it's a matter of adjustments.  I think the offense just has to get use to playing together.

And its not just us.  There seem to be a lot of offenses around the league that look out of sync.  Tampa, Denver, Kansas City (at times), Bengals, Titans, etc....  I think its somewhat normal for September games.    The teams that get it together contend for playoff spots.  Those that don't, begin planning for the offseason.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Back to topic.. Its week 3 with new OC new Oline and new Qb (only been here 2 months) let's give it more time before we panic. Jmo

Took awhile, didn't it?   🙃

That convo between you and Scot seemed like it would last a lifetime.  lol

Edited by glenwo2

7 hours ago, panthersgreenville said:

How funny would it be if Sam starts and leads us to the playoffs and Rhule gets the last laugh since Rhule always liked Sam better anyway.

7 hours ago, Khaki Lackey said:

It would be a great redemption story and a lot of huddlers' heads would explode. Not going to bet my next paycheck on it though.

200.gif

Edited by glenwo2

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Robby Anderson caught over 100 balls two years ago.  He is like a 5th target.  This offense has talent.  Need to gel and get some mojo going

He has more drops than catches this season... I think there are a lot of factors in play.... Including better play calling but IMO it all hinges on Ickey and how quickly he progresses....

Baker is getting a lot of edge pressure and is already feeling ghost pressure when he isn't.

• Pie 1