• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is it fair to discuss trading CMC / DJ

TheBigKat

Is that on the table?

It’s obvious this off-season will be a new coaching / team overhaul, we’re NOT one player away from anything.

CMC’s stock is solid right now, healthy and productive. A team like BAL, KC, BUF are ideal landing spots for him, he should garner a first

same could be said about DJ, should get you a first with the likes of KC, SF, BAL, GB

if you can trade these guys and head next year with a fresh coach and 3 1st rounders at least the rebuild will get a kickstart and could be capital for a bonafide #1 QB

• Flames 1
  • Poo 4

I mean in theory we should have a rebuild coming up.  With the next HC.  One Matt Rhule never did.  So it does make sense to trade away win now assets for draft collateral.   

we should of never signed CMC to begin with.  That was the first red flag on Rhule claiming he was building something from the ground up.  I mean maybe you could justify CMC if he drafted a rookie to give him a safety blanket but that was never what he did 

• Pie 5

CMC can’t be traded with his contract and DJ should be part of our future going forward. He is a good young WR on a reasonable contract. 
I do think we should start trading some pieces though. Shaq and Robbie would be nice if we could get anything for them. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

CMC can’t be traded with his contract and DJ should be part of our future going forward. He is a good young WR on a reasonable contract. 
I do think we should start trading some pieces though. Shaq and Robbie would be nice if we could get anything for them. 

DJ is not a #1. If we can get a 2/3 for him, we should absolutely get rid of him. 

• Poo 2

Depends how far you think this team is from competing… I personally feel like this team could compete with a top QB (which at this point they are on track to get) and a good coaching staff.

Trading CMC and Moore for what would amount to early second round picks at the absolute best would set the franchise back further than what it already is. You aren’t replacing those two players with the picks that you are acquiring. This also isn’t a situation like Green Bay and Kansas City went through with their high end players. Those two teams have QB’s in place to withstand losses like that.

I feel like that having CMC and Moore would be a Godsend for a young QB.

My only hope is that we continue to suck due to our coaching staff and QB play and we get a shot at Stroud.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1