• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reactions from today

NAS

21 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Julian Council (whoever that is) is telling the hard truth. Seems like a lot of folks are still clinging to hope for Scott Fitterer and I'm not seeing anything to rationalize it.

I’m one. He’s genuinely the only one I have any optimism for. I know he’s had some head scratchers but I don’t fault him for the QB misses. For one, I think Tepper has put high pressure on him to find a franchise QB. And I’m thankful we haven’t sold the farm to do it. I mean, feel free to correct me if I’m wrong but I know you were in the draft Fields or trade up for Zach Wilson camp. Hindsight suggests those would have been flops the same as Darnold and Mayfield, but would have also cost us a lot more capital in the process. 

I know he hasn’t been perfect but a lot of the same people that criticize him here do so while faulting him for not drafting a QB. But the QBs they wanted us to draft have been complete trash. At least Darnold and Mayfield didn’t cost us 1st rounders.

But the sad reality is that this team should have started a complete rebuild 3 years ago. Now we appear to be in worse shape than we were then and still need to tear it all down. I just hope we do it right the next time around because this is close to as miserable as I have ever been being a Panthers fan. 

Edited by TheMostInterestingMan
  • Pie 1

11 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

But the sad reality is that this team should have started a complete rebuild 3 years ago. Now we appear to be in worse shape than we were then and still need to tear it all down. I just hope we do it right the next time around because this is close to as miserable as I have ever been being a Panthers fan. 

I was told we did.

(you know, seven year plan and all that bullsh-t) 😄

As far as Fitterer, reporting has been that while Tepper is losing trust in head coach, he still seems to have it in his GM.

Fitterer has basically been given carte blanche to reshape the Panthers personnel department as he chooses. Throw in that there's been no real indication from any of our typical inside sources that his proverbial "seat" is even warm, much less hot.

If, as we all suspect, Rhule is gone then Fitter and Morgan might actually get the chance to put their own stamp on things.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I was told we did.

As far as Fitterer, reporting has been that while Tepper is losing trust in head coach, he still seems to have it in his GM.

Fitterer has basically been given carte blanche to reshape the Panthers personnel department as he chooses. Throw in that there's been no real indication from any of our typical inside sources that his proverbial "seat" is even warm, much less hot.

If, as we all suspect, Rhule is gone then Fitter and Morgan might actually get the chance to put their own stamp on things.

I said this yesterday in a thread, but the talent on this roster is really strong imo. We are certainly lacking a QB but we should be winning these games even with the subpar QB situation we find ourselves in. With a good HC I honestly believe we are 4-0 this season or at least 3-1. A good coach would have won that game against the Browns and Giants. This team is good enough to be winning. But our coaches are clueless.

Thats why I’m not mad at Fitt though. I think he’s build a pretty talented roster. Our coaches just have no idea how to use the players on the team. Prime examples are Chinn, Burns, DJ, hell it took us 4 weeks to start throwing the ball to CMC. I just don’t know what these jokers are thinking.

• Beer 1

David Tepper. Talk about Rhule talk about Fitterer but we already know he is a meddling owner. 
I was convinced he was the genius behind the 34 defense that cam3 out of nowhere. We know Rivera coached a great 34 in San Diego but we were not tooled for it and pretty sure Ron would understand that pretty well.  

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I was told we did.

I would rather have those two searching for our next head coach than Tepper. 

• Pie 2

See Brian Burns comments about 4th quarter, from yesterday's game, as well as against the Saints. 

The offense is downright abysmal, but the second half defense has struggled in all four games, and, if you rewatch the games, you can see it's not (only) because they're being left out there on the field more. Most of the big drives the defense have given up came either after half-time rest, or following a (rare) actual offensive drive. Yesterday, Watt's deflection for the INT, obviously really hurt, and forced the defense back out there quickly, but the score came so quickly.

Second half defensive adjustments seem non-existent. Kyler was a different QB in the second half, Jones in the fourth quarter, Jameis in the fourth quarter. Brisset's game winning drive. 

With the talent, this defensive unit should be even better, and coaching/scheme is also holding them back.