• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We wait all off-season to witness garbage football for yet another season.

hepcat

From the owner down to the ball boy there’s nothing good happening on this franchise. The coaching staff is a bunch of unqualified college coaches lead by the biggest overpaid fraud of them all. The losses are going to pile up quickly as they have every season, except this year there does not seem to be an early season winning streak to buoy the final record. 

3 years of musician chairs at QB and no answers. The offense has gotten worse every season since 2020, hard to watch, unacceptably poor level of football. 

The defense has improved, but the run defense is still terrible and at the end of the game it doesn’t matter when the offense is atrocious. They fold like a beach chair in the 4th quarter every game. 

Its really not fun anymore guys. What’s fun about watching bad professional football purveyed by a college coach.

I am just sitting here mystified how Rhule actually lasted into a 3rd season. How on earth can a coach endure a 7 game losing streak to end a season and come back the next year? It’s no surprise the team is garbage again. 

Oh well I guess here’s to next season, hope we finally get an NFL caliber head coach and a 1st round draft pick QB.

• Pie 5

5 hours ago, hepcat said:

I am just sitting here mystified how Rhule actually lasted into a 3rd season. How on earth can a coach endure a 7 game losing streak to end a season and come back the next year? It’s no surprise the team is garbage again.

At least in part because year three was supposed to be the big, magical turnaround.

FYI: Our next three games are against the 49ers, Rams and Bucs. We've also got the Bengals, Lions and Ravens down the road.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that third year miracle is probably not happening.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

If we thought it had been bad so far, we've got a murderer's row of opponents down the stretch for us. 

I'm just hoping they won't make us wait until that late bye before jettisoning Rhule and Co. 

Whew. We stink man.

If it wasn't for Luvu's early pick six and the late, late game heroics of CMC on two plays, we'd have been just destroyed.

And I never thought I'd actually have come to the point where I was thinking Sam Darnold would be a better play than Baker Mayfield. Heck, Taylor Heinicke or Kyle Allen did better in Rivera's last season. Woof.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

As a panthers fan since I was 8 years old, I haven’t enjoyed watching a game in the last few years. Even when we win a random game it feels like a fluke and it’s filled with so many mistakes I still don’t feel inspired after it. I lived through the 1-15 season and the clausen year and it just has those feelings. No hope or excitement. But yet I’ve never missed a game and will still be watching every Sunday. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3
  • Poo 1

16 minutes ago, pantherpride26 said:

As a panthers fan since I was 8 years old, I haven’t enjoyed watching a game in the last few years. Even when we win a random game it feels like a fluke and it’s filled with so many mistakes I still don’t feel inspired after it. I lived through the 1-15 season and the clausen year and it just has those feelings. No hope or excitement. But yet I’ve never missed a game and will still be watching every Sunday. 

Yeah, same here.  Its almost like an abusive relationship at this point. I just keep coming back for more abuse.  At some point I have to stop pointing the finger at the abuser and take a long hard look in the mirror and figure why I keep coming back.  The weather here in Texas has finally taken a turn for the nice, and the golf course is starting to look mighty inviting for a Sunday afternoon.  Just about had it with these jabronies, I know that...

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, joemac said:

Yeah, same here.  Its almost like an abusive relationship at this point. I just keep coming back for more abuse.  At some point I have to stop pointing the finger at the abuser and take a long hard look in the mirror and figure why I keep coming back.  The weather here in Texas has finally taken a turn for the nice, and the golf course is starting to look mighty inviting for a Sunday afternoon.  Just about had it with these jabronies, I know that...

Sunday morning golf rounds on a crisp fall morning can’t be beat. Beats the hell out of watching the panthers get beat to hell 

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, pantherpride26 said:

11 minutes ago, joemac said:

It's funny to see you guys post this, because this morning I was just thinking about some basic realities of pro sports. A minority of teams are going to make the playoffs every year. That's just math. Only one team out of 32 wins the Super Bowl, so obviously that's rare. What is the real problem? Systemically, pro sports that have salary caps and player drafts and revenue sharing are setup for a level playing field, so the problem is teams that get stuck in perpetual losing. This obviously traces back to poor decision making at the top of these organizations.

Stop watching.

The way to send the strongest possible message to David Tepper is to ignore his product. I have been a fan since that first season in Clemson, and even during bad seasons I watched and supported the team. But I've come to a conclusion about this:

This is not the behavior of a fan.

It is the behavior of an addict.

As business owners, NFL team owners care most about their bottom line. That is what they are incentivized towards. They can talk about caring about winning, and I'm sure at some level they do, but ask yourself this: What matters to you more...your paycheck or your team winning?

Exactly.

NFL teams make massive revenue off of TV, so massive that losing teams that have been losing for years are in the black even if they have to play third string quarterbacks or let a losing coach go on losing year after year because the cost of admitting his contract was a mistake is less than moving on and giving your team a chance to win. The only way this will change is if fan behavior changes.

So stop watching if your team sucks and isn't getting better. I did. 

Life is too short to invest your time in unproductive one sided relationships this way anyway. Do you honestly believe David Tepper is doing everything he can to make your fan experience better? Is he even remotely willing to consider cutting ticket, merchandise or concession prices to put them in line with the quality of product he's putting on the field? No? Then why are you continuing to support his team when it's obvious your support is being taken advantage of?

When the team gets better, they will find me watching and cheering and going to games again. Until then, I have better things to do with my time. I don't mean they have to win the Super Bowl, but they do have to show me that they're competitive and from the top down they're not okay with perpetual losing.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

At least in part because year three was supposed to be the big, magical turnaround.

FYI: Our next three games are against the 49ers, Rams and Bucs. We've also got the Bengals, Lions and Ravens down the road.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that third year miracle is probably not happening.

Watching this team makes me wonder I've started expecting the 84-7 scores. We're going to start getting blown out badly. 

15 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Stop watching.

The way to send the strongest possible message to David Tepper is to ignore his product. I have been a fan since that first season in Clemson, and even during bad seasons I watched and supported the team. But I've come to a conclusion about this:

This is not the behavior of a fan.

It is the behavior of an addict.

As business owners, NFL team owners care most about their bottom line. That is what they are incentivized towards.

I don't disagree that this is the best and really the only course of action for us but unfortunately an NFL team will never not be profitable and fan organized boycotts won't ever really change anything. Same song and dance with other perennial losers; no matter how bad the product is the team will remain profitable. See the Fords, Bidwills, and Mike Brown for examples of teams that fail to fill their stadium all that well due to being perennial dumpster fires but the ownership group still refuses to relinquish control because even a half full NFL stadium is making money and team valuations only continue to exponentially increase as time passes. All we can really do is hope that Tepper isn't one of those sorts of owners but early signs aren't looking favorable on that front.

The franchise actually being respectable is more of an accessory to that profit than it is a need by any means, and Tepper won't be losing sleep over it. We're stuck with this garbage for a long time all because Tepper happened to be first in line for a team per the accordance of the NFL boys' club. Thankfully this version of the "Panthers" is really just a skinwalker wearing the Panthers that I once knew's shell so I don't feel bad over not watching games outside of when I'm bored like this past Sunday.

Edited by beo
  • Pie 1