• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The NFL is delusional

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Agreed on the talent pool but there were several NFLeu teams that were successful.

I would like to see a couple of teams there but not necessarily a whole division. 

The logistics to prepare for, say, a team from California to play a team in Europe (or vice versa) would make it untenable.

If they insist on playing this out then a new version of NFL Europe would be better, but that's already failed once.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

He's right it would be easier as a division simply because it would alleviate some of the very significant logistical problems with scheduling. Still, the logistical problems are MASSIVE. On the field, the Euro teams will have a huge home field advantage and a massive away game disadvantage due to those logistics. In terms of luring free agents... man, the Euro teams are going to be at a huge disadvantage. No legit star is gonna wanna go there. They're already doing fine here. You could have an advantage luring in good but not star level talent with the pitch of potentially becoming a star in Europe. But your real disadvantage is with rank and file roster players. Low level starters, good backups. Why would they go to Europe unless you're significantly overpaying?

The NFL just sees $$$ but I see a lot of issues, both logistically and competitively.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's right it would be easier as a division simply because it would alleviate some of the very significant logistical problems with scheduling. Still, the logistical problems are MASSIVE. On the field, the Euro teams will have a huge home field advantage and a massive away game disadvantage due to those logistics. In terms of luring free agents... man, the Euro teams are going to be at a huge disadvantage. No legit star is gonna wanna go there. They're already doing fine here. You could have an advantage luring in good but not star level talent with the pitch of potentially becoming a star in Europe. But your real disadvantage is with rank and file roster players. Low level starters, good backups. Why would they go to Europe unless you're significantly overpaying?

The NFL just sees $$$ but I see a lot of issues, both logistically and competitively.

Look, the NFL overseas won't work. We all know it. But we all know it'll probably happen lol.

But come on, man ... would you rather live in London during the season, or would you rather live in: Charlotte, Buffalo, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Cleveland, Houston, Kansas City, DC, Green Bay, Minneapolis, Detroit, or Phoenix during the season? I think, minus the logistics, it'd be a no brainer to want to spend part of your year in London.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Look, the NFL overseas won't work. We all know it. But we all know it'll probably happen lol.

But come on, man ... would you rather live in London during the season, or would you rather live in: Charlotte, Buffalo, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Cleveland, Houston, Kansas City, DC, Green Bay, Minneapolis, Detroit, or Phoenix during the season? I think, minus the logistics, it'd be a no brainer to want to spend part of your year in London.

If you're talking specifically to me, none of the above.

If you're talking to the typical NFL player, probably all of the above.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If you're talking specifically to me, none of the above.

If you're talking to the typical NFL player, probably all of the above.

Why do you think a regular player would choose to not live in London for a time? It'd be like a vacation. Better everything than your nowhere US city.

• Pie 1